Pulstar Plugs

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had any information on the Pulstar plugs with boosted applications. I didnt see much info on the search thread. Looking for good plug for my turbo setup on e85.

07 Boss

Reaction score
What year is your car? I think they only make them for the later heads. Mid-'08 on up.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
After checking their website, they're not even listed for 2005-10 Mustangs at all, but rather for only 1970-04 and 11-current Coyote models :shrug:

Last edited:

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
Mines an 08. I am pretty sure they released them for the 08 and up but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are a novel idea but I am having trouble chemically quantifying how a spark plug "saturates the fuel with combustion enhancing plasma" (from their website). I really doubt it would have a significant effect on the flame front travel-and if it did, it would require retarding the timing or the flame front would burn too soon. They may be a good spark plug but I would not expect anything more out of them.
I'll risk losing my 7hp or whatever and just run my $6 NGK plugs that seem to be able to light off the Air/Fuel mix just fine.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ouch, looking at those, I wouldn't touch them. One ground strap is enough, all that the other 3 will do is shroud the flame from the spark.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
But what does it look like under compression?
Skip the gimmick spark plugs, there is no power to be found between spark plug types unless you were actually having spark related issues and then it would simply be a change to the plug gap.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I doubt you will see or feel any improvement with those. Much like the E3's, its marketing hype. I tried a set of E3's for the claimed improvement in MPGs. (a buddy actually had them in his car and said he did see MPG improvement) For me, I got ZERO gains. They ran fine, just not better.

I went with the Iridium "performance upgrade, 0.040" gap" plugs from RockAuto for the Coyote. They work fine too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back