Put a 75 shot on the car (12 GT)

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
Went to the NPR last night.

2012 Auto Gt. Airaid, o/r -x, ds, tune, race stars, nx plate kit. (28in tires, so like a 2.90 rear gear haha). Nothing done to the suspension except k springs. Full weight premium model.

The plan has always been to transfer all the nitrous stuff from my old 06 Gt over, but I'm doing taking my time (there is a pile of parts in my garage). I put a 75 shot on the car and tested it out last night.

First pass had a 50 shot on the 75 shot tune, drove straight from street to the lanes. Waited a few feet to full throttle, I wanted to see what the car would act like. It was the first time the car had ever been sprayed anywhere other than 50 feet to make sure it worked, lol.

1.71 60'
7.40 @ 95.3mph 1/8
11.49 @ 121.1 1/4

Changed jets to 75 and cooled the car off. Went for it this time. Next pass...

1.55 60'
7.10 @ 97.0
11.12 @ 122.97

Decided to take out all of my tools, jump box, etc. and try again. I did not give it much of a cool-off.

1.56 60'
7.10 @ 97.55
11.10 @ 123.15

The car rode out third gear through the 1/4, around 7400rpm. It should shift to fourth, it doesn't make any power running that high with the stock intake manifold. I think it may have a .1 or so with a tune update and a couple of other small things.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
Nice times, a 10 sec pass can be had by just letting it cool off.

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
Nice times, a 10 sec pass can be had by just letting it cool off.

Or letting my wife drive, lol. She weighs 100lbs less than me. I'll be more prepared next time I run the car. Between holding third gear and all the crap I had in the car, I think it might work out.

shoulda went to the 100 shot for the 10.90's!

I was happy it ran what it did, considering the mods. The tall tire kills my 60' on motor.

If I step up beyond the 75, I am doing colder plugs and installing my stand alone fuel cell. I went through a couple of burned plugs on my 06 with the stock fuel system, I don't trust them anymore.

Nice times Ej.

Thanks! You know you want to spray your car :)

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
What's it run n/a?

12.10 @ 116.3 a little over 1500 DA. Went 117 that night as well. I imagine that time will improve with the weather. 28in tire on stock converter/gear hurts my 60' a bunch.

Pretty solid passes. VERY close to the 10s!

Thanks! I'm going to go back this weekend and run it again I think. The weather is supposed to be a bit better. The next round of mods in the garage are Circle D, lca/reloc brackets and rad support/swaybar delete. I will more than likely do an axle brace at the same time as well.

I am pretty sure it will run solid 10's with that combo. I want to maximize this setup before I install the fuel cell, progressive controller, larger shot and go all out.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The next round of mods in the garage are Circle D, lca/reloc brackets and rad support/swaybar delete. I will more than likely do an axle brace at the same time as well.

I am pretty sure it will run solid 10's with that combo.

I'd say so! Obviously, I'm a big fan of mods that improve your 60-foot time. They pay off immensely on the overall ETs.

Let me know if I can help with the LCAs or swaybar delete.

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say so! Obviously, I'm a big fan of mods that improve your 60-foot time. They pay off immensely on the overall ETs.

Let me know if I can help with the LCAs or swaybar delete.

Why yes, yes you can. I still need the radiator support/swaybar delete! Thanks-

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back