Put my car on the rollers

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
Still not finalized on the tuning, but laid down what I feel are pretty strong numbers given I had put the exhaust basically back to stock.

dynosheet.png

STD curve because I'm lame like that.

The blue is my MMR 5.0 Coyote/Roadrunner thing, stock catback, closed boss sidepipes, stock TB, JLT cai and AED tuning. Healthy torque, the red line is my old factory 5.0 with a Boss intake, JLT cold air intake, magnaflow exhaust and a BBR Tune.

Wasn't out there to be doing glory runs, was working on troubleshooting some stuff, but always nice to have numbers to share.

Now I wish I had gotten longtubes and gone all out on the exhaust, but if I ever feel like I need more power (lol the car needs a lot more grip) I know where I can easily find it.

Also, as a fyi, a coyote bends time and space when it goes over 8k rpm. Crazy watching the needle stop on the tach and the engine still climb.

(sorry to mods, seeing if you're awake)

Last edited by a moderator:

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think you did it right. From my phone it looks like its embedded the right way! Car is looking good man!

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
the livelink datalogger and dyno said it stopped at 8350, to be exact. Somewhere in the stratosphere.

From the graph though, I really don't have to take it that far. To read it correctly, what do you guys see as the optimum shift point?

Scuba-Matt

Boost freak
Reaction score
the livelink datalogger and dyno said it stopped at 8350, to be exact. Somewhere in the stratosphere.
From the graph though, I really don't have to take it that far. To read it correctly, what do you guys see as the optimum shift point?

Looks like your optimum shift point would be at 7500 RPM

Congrats. Nice numbers

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shift 7800

This is the 11.5:1 CR motor right?

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
Yes, it's the 11.5:1.

A ford engineer who designed the valves mentioned no further than 7900 is the valve train guaranteed to work. So I think I'll move the rev limit there to avoid float

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back