QA1 single adjust vs double adjust

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Basically, I am looking for things to tell my wife to get me for xmas

I am overdue for putting shocks on the thing. I always wanted the double adjust because....well its double LOL

I'm looking for opinions from people that have used these things. The car is primarily a street car for now. So I have to be able to adjust for street car handling. but I want the ability to go to the track, do a few clicks, and be able to drag launch. I am also looking for a shock that I can hold onto for a long time while I upgrade my way up and as the car begins to lean more toward track car.

so basically, trying to find out if its really worth it to go double over single. I have seen a lot of guys with money do singles instead of doubles so it really makes me wonder if the doubles are worth it.

Thanks in advance

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I use the single adjustable and they work with no problems for me.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I'd stick to single for simplicity and sanity sake.
I am running Strange SA's all around and having good luck with them at the track.
I just don't think I would ever make use of such fine tuning and too many combinations.

oh5gt

Reaction score
QA Singles on front, Viking double on back here. I race in a straight line only. The corner carvers might have different opinions.

I don't mess with the back ajustments much but have to stiffen the front for the street.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
I ran a pair of the double adjustable QA1's, for me it seems they needed an adjustable front strut to tighten up the rebound and cure the porpoising between shifts.

I have them in my garage, If you want em' I'll make you a good price ...

conexion914

forum member
Reaction score
Strange single adjustable rears here. No issues. I will get their single adjustable fronts when I do my k-member.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO - double adjustables are only needed for a full blown race car that is having hooking issues at the track due to tire size restrictions in their class.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
strange single adj struts/shocks here, they're working well and easy to adjust

Last edited:
Back