Shock choice

TheFourSixThatCould

Reaction score
I’m building a 600whp 3v. The car is mostly street but I want a good track time when I go though the year. I’m stuck on what shocks to choose. Obviously the most expensive ones are the best but I’m a full time college student and all my time going into engineering classes and not work. I get buy nice or buy twice but still trying to get the best bang for my buck. My options are
My list is
Qa1 single adjustable $400
Qa1 double adjustable $550
Vikings double $420
Used tokico D spec $200
Strangle single adjustable $200
Obviously the Qa1 double are the best but I feel that would be overkill. The Tokico are a good brand from what I’ve read but no longer a brand so worried they were good back in 2010, and there’s better options for now. Would strange single adjustable be under whemling? Those or the Viking double but wonder if I’ll ever need double adjustable for my power goals.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I have tokico myself and like them but I wouldn’t buy them used. Am also looking at Qa1 double adjustable for the front to gain ride height adjustability.
You didn’t say what kind of track so I assume Drag and with 600 at the wheels you ain’t going nowhere with cheep suspension.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Double adjustable can't hurt. Might drive you crazy trying to find the correct adjustment. Viking is the best available these days

MrBhp

Reaction score
I'm running the qa-1 single adjustable in a coil-over setup. They were not making the double adjustable when I got mine. Having the ability to set ride height, especially on the front, is an important part of getting a great 60'. You'll have to go with the coil over setup to have that ability. I had Tokico non adjustable originally, and I could never get the car to hook. Way too firm up front. The best setup for a good launch is usually full soft up front, full firm in the rear. Not a great ride on the street, but they are very easy to adjust.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Don't buy used.

Track time?
Curves or straight lines? Different needs.

And do you want it lowered? How much?

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. A forum I was frequenting quite a bit through the summer.

Trackmustangsonline.com

Guys on that forum are heavy into road racing and autocross stuff. There are many different track setups and opinions there.

For now I am switching to GT500 take offs with a drag pack type of springs. After a bunch of BMR components are sdded? Will head back and save for Vicking coilovers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back