Viking warriors or koni yellow for street only?

Manic5oh

Reaction score
Hey all, time to beat another dead horse a bit, I apologize, I'm new to the party with a 12 year old car ‍♂️

So I bought a set of viking warrior shocks. I was torn between the koni yellows and these, I have the adjustable tokico ford racing set of adjustable shocks from way back when Ford had tokico make those and the passenger rear is going out. My my cars lowered. I haven't installed the warriors yet because I'm wondering if the koni would be the better choice for all around handling of the car? I was told the adjustability of the warriors would be better, but they just seem like an aggressive big tube drag shock , and I'm worried about the longevity of them, and how they would fit with those ford racing adjustables? Thanks in advance for the feedback! I'm on the sharp learning curve right now, and the hours and hours I've spent on YouTube hasn't really answered this question clearly.

20230719_210201.jpg

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Been running Koni yellow’s on all 4 corners for several years now and I absolutely love the way the car handles. I have Vogtland Sport (1.25” drop) springs, GT500 front bar and Ford Racing rear bar. The thing handles like it’s on rails. My ‘07 GT is 99.9% street driven and I really like how solidly planted the car feels. Koni +1!

JC SSP

Reaction score
I always thought the Vikings where more for drag racing like the QA1?

YES, Yellow Koni's are an excellent choice and much better than the new version of non-adjustable red/orange Koni's.

Personally, I have Ford Racing Struts with GT500 track-pack rear Bilstein's and on my little "Mule Pepe" 87' coupe I have six (6) original orange adjustable Koni's off an 86' SVO. Well the quad shock is not adjustable, but it's inverted to clear the big rear tires. LOL

FYI I had Tokiko's on my old 06' GT Convertible with adjustable on the rear. Loved the way they rode and handled very well. They are listed in the S197 FOR SALE section.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Vikings are great and can be really dialed in with regards to both compression and rebound. They will not last as long but are completely rebuildable. Are they necessary, probably not. A good pair of aftermarket shocks will work fine for your application. Bilsteins were the best shocks I have had on for the street.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Second on the Bilsteins. Check out the B-6's. I've tried 3 different setups (stock to aftermarket) and now won't use anything else. Just downright excellent dampers. I'm also lowered about an inch (Rousch springs). You'll need to get GT-500 strut mounts as well. When you mount them clock the strut mounts 180 from stock if you have lowered springs. That will keep the camber closer to stock.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back