Quality Hose Clamps

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I'm sick of tired and dealing with these chincy ass hose clamps. Does anyone have a source on good quality hose clamps? I found a company called Ideal Clamps but I'm not quite sure I can buy direct in small quantities or if it's more of a mfg/large quantity type of deal.

http://www.idealclamps.com/catalog/

I saw these and really like them. Anyone have any thoughts?

http://www.idealclamps.com/catalog/clamps/catalog.php?sid=en&ID=19

Also saw they have some "lined" clamps. What are they lined with?

http://www.idealclamps.com/catalog/clamps/catalog.php?sid=en&ID=18

I know it's pretty fucking anal but that's how it goes. I'd like to replace them with something that isn't going to break and look half way decent. More so than a fucking hose clamp from Home Depot that looks like it should be on a hose. It really sucks when you're trying to do something that shouldn't take very long and than you've got to spend 30 minutes fixing the hose clamp. Any thoughts? :beerdrink:

Boozshey

Reaction score
Yeah I hate the cheap ones too... As soon as it seems to be tight enough the damn things slip... They never seem to stop leaks...

GL with the search...

MELLOWYELLOW06

forum member
Reaction score
www.hosetechniques.com

tbolt_t-bolt_clamps_stainless_steel.png

Last edited:

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
If that was the case than wouldn't they be the same thing as the "solid" clamps like I posted?

yup, close enough
except the "solid ones" still expose ridges of the non-perforated worm holes to the inside material/pipe whereas the lined ones provide a totally smooth surface.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Do the T-Bolts have to be mounted on a pretty smooth surface? Meaning I would have to put the T-Bolt on the top or bottom of the throttle body, right? How far does it come off the rest of the clamping?

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
Do the T-Bolts have to be mounted on a pretty smooth surface? Meaning I would have to put the T-Bolt on the top or bottom of the throttle body, right? How far does it come off the rest of the clamping?

theyre not as big as you think and, no not necessarily, the t-bold part can be on a relatively big curve, but yet having it at the top/bottom of the TB, on a flat surface would help...

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
Where i live, just went to the local tractor, they had T bolt clamps in stock.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Anyone have a source on some silicone hose that would work for my air intake? I think the stuff that comes with the air intakes is only two ply right? I need two straight couplers that are 5" (D) x 2" (L) and a 4" (D) x 3.5" (L). I have a few places but they don't have what I need unless I buy enough to warrant them making it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back