Question about GT500 axle back exhaust

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I purchased the GT500 axle back mufflers for my '13 GT from you, received them, and got them installed. I am just wondering if they have resonators in them or not. I was browsing several Youtube videos searching for the right sound, where I came across this setup. Some people said that they got the system without resonators, and some with. The main box that they shipped in said '11 Mustang GT SVT Muffler.

It is Item # 50149 on your website. Thanks!!

No complaints whatsoever. The sound is exactly what I was hoping for, and then some. This really is how the car should have come stock.

I am very happy with my order, and with the experience that I have with you so far. I plan on definitely ordering from you again in the future.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The resonators are part of your over the axle pipes. Not the muffler. Some people have them removed and straight pipe welded in to give it more sound.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
TenSpeed,

Thanks for your business and supporting AM! I really appreciate your kind words and look forward to working together in the future. Also, it looks like jewc75 helped you out with the correct answer.

Oh...I completely agree that should be the stock sound!

Shane

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back