Questions for you Irwindale regulars

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
For those of you who frequent Irwindale on a regular basis, I have a few questions. If my car is done in time, I want to hit Irwindale this Thursday (6/21). Many of you have said that it is crazy busy there, so my plan would be to get there early, get a few runs in, and leave before it gets nutso. Since I've never been there before, here’s what I’d like to know:

1. How early should I get there? The website lists the times as 4:00pm to 10:00pm… is 3:00pm early enough to avoid a long wait in the tech line?

2. Since I will need to swap tires, can this be done prior to 4:00pm while we’re waiting?

3. Is there anything I need to know about where to enter or line up if we get there early?

4. Are there any unusual tech rules to know about ahead of time?

Also, how many of you plan to be there also, and at what time?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1) Gates open at 4:00 pm, but racing does not start until 5:00pm. No need to get there any earlier then 4:00 pm.

2) No--pay first at the gate at 4:00pm. Then go to the parking lot (we all usually park around A5), switch tires, then go into the tech line. Tech line does not usually get long until about 5:30-6:00, so if you are in the tech line by 4:30 you will have no problem, and the line will move quick. They usually have 3 lines with 3 tech guys checking in the cars.

3) The entrance is marked off with cones, its obvious where you pay. When you pay, if you look towards your left you will see the small shack and the tech lines.

4) They do enforce the jacket rule for any non-factory power adder, so you will need a jacket. Other then that---nothing out of the ordinary.

I am going for sure. I will be racing my car if I get my new tires in time---otherwise I will just be watching.....

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
CORRECT! Make sure to have a JACKET!!!

Get there right at 4:00 and you'll breeze through. Can get 3-4 runs in early before it gets packed.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I already bought a couple jackets for me and the Mrs, so we're good to go with those. Hopefully, we'll see you there on Thursday!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think were cheap because we have to spend money on so much other crap.

Just two weeks ago it was: I'll just put in a new converter by myself no problem.......wait, whats this? half of the splines are rounded off? $1700 later and a new rebuilt trans...:kill:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back