Quick Detailer for Black Car

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I could have sworn I started a thread on this before but couldn't find it. I am so frustrated that no matter what qd I use it seems to streak. The car is flawless. It's been cut, clayed, and sealed with bfwd and I have been using fk425 for quick detailer cut 50/50. It refuses to not streak. I can use it on red cars, blue, etc and you never notice it streaks cause of the color. I need advice from black car owners. What qd do you use. I think timbo recommended bfwd qd. Anyone else? I need help....

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I should of said owners of black cars......geez you guys are ball busters. I bet if I said I had a Hellcat you would think I'm cool. :oops1:

28ONE

Reaction score
I could have sworn I started a thread on this before but couldn't find it. I am so frustrated that no matter what qd I use it seems to streak. The car is flawless. It's been cut, clayed, and sealed with bfwd and I have been using fk425 for quick detailer cut 50/50. It refuses to not streak. I can use it on red cars, blue, etc and you never notice it streaks cause of the color. I need advice from black car owners. What qd do you use. I think timbo recommended bfwd qd. Anyone else? I need help....

Blackfire Midnight Sun Instant Detailer
Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer
Meguiar's Final Inspection

I've personally used all of these on my ride, no streaks. A couple questions for you:

1) What wax or sealant is currently on your ride?

2)How many towels are you using - 1MF to spread and 1 MF to buff off product?

3)Applying to a cool surface?

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
black cars require special attention and care. i can write a book on "proper" care and applications.

here is the easiest quick detailer for them

https://www.turtlewax.com/shop/products/turtle-wax-jet-black-black-spray-detailer-23-fl-oz

depending on the shape of your paint this might be your best qd choice

My paint is in pretty good shape. I'm the original owner. It was cared for properly. Has spent 95% of its life in the garage. I current have bfwd sealant on it after the proper steps. I'm kind of shocked that a turtle wax product was brought up. Does this stuff really work or is it just a gimmick? I'm willing to try it.

I've personally used all of these on my ride, no streaks. A couple questions for you:

Cool so you have a black ride and have used what you mentioned? I always apply to a cool surface. I usually use 4 high quality microfiber towels each time. Right now I have bfwd sealant on it. About 3 months ago I clayed, polished with my porter da and applied bfwd by hand.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
luc-10160-1_ml.jpg

Lucas Slick Mist does a ridiculously good job on black cars, even glass, chrome, metal, vinyl stripes, and it doesn't turn black plastic grey. You can spray it on the whole car. No streaks, even on glass. And like the names says, it is super slick when it dries. For less than 10 bucks for 24oz, it's cheaper than most. And you can get it any where, even wally world. It even smells great, not that it matters. I even use it on my boat/fiberglass. Wipes on and off very easy to use. Even spray it on a hot car in straight sun, though I wouldn't do that. You can even spray it on with the car still wet! And it works just the same. Holds up pretty well in the rain, even a couple of washes. Beads up nice.

Closest thing I can compare the look to is Blackfire Wet Diamond.

I'll put this up against any spray wax/detailer, and for the money, ease of use, and performance, availability, and I would love to find something that would beat it.

Last edited:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
black cars require special attention and care. i can write a book on "proper" care and applications.

here is the easiest quick detailer for them

https://www.turtlewax.com/shop/products/turtle-wax-jet-black-black-spray-detailer-23-fl-oz

depending on the shape of your paint this might be your best qd choice

The turtle wax detailer in the above url is the bomb. beware, it has black dye mixed in it. Don't get it on your clothes, It won't wash out. All the black limo's here in town use it. I have been using it for a couple of years now..works superb. Turtle wax also sells a complete black car kit. Done right, it comes out like a high gloss mirror finish. Combined with chrome wheels, it looks wicked..esp at night. Of course, black cars are a pita to maintain..and stay clean. Worse offender is the damned green pollen from pine trees, etc.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score

This right here. Sonax brilliant b shine is awesome. Your LSP can also be an issue. My car streaked less with a sealant then it did with a wax. I just used sonax brilliant shine last week at a show and had no issues. Use multiple towels and use the short nap side to buff off.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I have been through several quick detailers over the years and this is the absolute best! It does not streak and leaves a super hard shine. It's pricey but you definitely get what you pay for.

autogeek_2268_482456905

28ONE

Reaction score
My paint is in pretty good shape. I'm the original owner. It was cared for properly. Has spent 95% of its life in the garage. I current have bfwd sealant on it after the proper steps. I'm kind of shocked that a turtle wax product was brought up. Does this stuff really work or is it just a gimmick? I'm willing to try it.

Cool so you have a black ride and have used what you mentioned? I always apply to a cool surface. I usually use 4 high quality microfiber towels each time. Right now I have bfwd sealant on it. About 3 months ago I clayed, polished with my porter da and applied bfwd by hand.

Yes, everything I listed I've used. As 00blkvert mentioned, sometimes sealants/waxes have an effect, I'm no chemist but not all chemicals play well together. Since you have BFWD I'd recommend BF Midnight Sun Detailer. The BF Polymer Spray Timmbo mentioned is great too.

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-midnight-sun-instant-detailer.html

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-spray-sealant.html

The Blackfire is $$$ but it's actually cheaper by the gallon...If you can hold off, there's going to be some crazy sales going on with all the detailing sites because of SEMA then Black Friday is around the corner.

One additional note, QDs truly should only be used when there's very light dust, anything more I'd use a rinseless wash...

Having to maintain a car with black paint is a royal pita, but when it's clean, nothing else stands to compare. Definitely a love/hate relationship lol

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I'm gonna pick up the turtle wax on the quick but long term I will probably go with the bfwd qd or a rinse less wash.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Also what's the difference between a rinse less wash and a waterless wash? I like the ease of the waterless wash buy is it any different than a qd?

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
What rag/towel are you using? I found personally that it wasn't the QD streaking it was the shitty rags I was using. Bought a better one and haven't had any issues.

FWIW I use cheap ol' meguires QD

36a09892822a7d49358ae9c69316094e.jpg

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I use really nice cobra towels. Problem is, I have pics just like the one you just posted from in my garage. I pull it out in the sunlight and streak city. It's not horrible but I'm ocd.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
I find shorter nap towels work best with QD. I personally like Ultima Waterless Wash at the the QD dilution.

28ONE

Reaction score
I use really nice cobra towels. Problem is, I have pics just like the one you just posted from in my garage. I pull it out in the sunlight and streak city. It's not horrible but I'm ocd.

Try the 2 MF towel method...

I find shorter nap towels work best with QD. I personally like Ultima Waterless Wash at the the QD dilution.

UWW is great stuff!

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
Love love love UWW. Cheap and it just plane works, why try anything else.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back