Quick idle and rev 3" dynomax exhaust

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a quick idle and rev of my new exhaust Installed today.
My setup consists of single turbo with 3" downpipe all the way back
To a y pipe and dual 3" dynomax catback . Sounds really good alot deeper Than my old setup ! Old setup was stock pipes with mid mounted pypes m80's
With muffler deletes. Just took it for quick ride it seems like the turbo spools quicker but who knows . What do u guys think I will get a couple more vids tomorow .

http://youtu.be/fNcSHVm7i00
fNcSHVm7i00

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Nice! How much did the kit cost you, and how much work did your shop have to do?

I'll have to take a vid of mine for comparison. I still really haven't heard it because the weather sucked so bad the night I brought it home...

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! How much did the kit cost you, and how much work did your shop have to do?

I'll have to take a vid of mine for comparison. I still really haven't heard it because the weather sucked so bad the night I brought it home...

I bought it off of eBay the guy installed it for 5 mins an said it was too loud for his setup. I Paid $290 shipped to my door! I did all the work myself !
My car never goes to a shop.

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
So you still have the single 3" to dual 2.5" y-pipe?

Yes I'm just waiting for my 3" y pipe to
Get here then I will be installing that and cutting off the 2.5"
Pieces and weld 2 pieces of 3" in place then it will be full 3" from front to back.
I couldn't wait to intstall !

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I picked up this 3" y pipe and a set of 3" resonators for my car. Whenever I get the engine back and can get the car on a lift I will be doing a set of 3" dumps on mine.

photobucket-3329-1357344728133.jpg

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
I picked up this 3" y pipe and a set of 3" resonators for my car. Whenever I get the engine back and can get the car on a lift I will be doing a set of 3" dumps on mine.

photobucket-3329-1357344728133.jpg

Nice ! I like having the tips come out the back .

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I bought it off of eBay the guy installed it for 5 mins an said it was too loud for his setup. I Paid $290 shipped to my door! I did all the work myself !
My car never goes to a shop.
I don't mind the shop doing exhaust work. I don't have a welder at home, nor can I bend 3" pipe. :)

I just put up a thread with a similar video. I think yours sounds better.

Was your car warmed up at all?

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1728189

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Dang that does sound good!

I am going to try and make it to Cars & Coffee at Pickleworks this Saturday, you'd better be ready to beat me away so I don't drool all over it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back