Quick valve cover stud question

Jwood562

Reaction score
On the valve covers, do these studs come out?

threaded in and would a double nut method get them out? Or or they pressed in

3B379F8D-CAE4-45C8-B920-9316BD7B4149.jpeg

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I believe they are pressed in. I would be careful about trying to pull them out. The metal is kind of brittle and thin. I just cut mine off and ground them flush.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

AHaze

Reaction score
I pulled mine out. They have slightly twisted splines on the bottom (or extremely steep pitch threads if you prefer). Double nut them then grab the nuts with a vice grip so you can pull while twisting.

Jwood562

Reaction score
thanks for the help and input, I was hoping they would unscrew because I'm having a buddy powder coat them for me. so they will remain in and get taped off.

they were a cheap junk yard impulse buy with a coupon picked up for $20. gonna try them in textured wrinkle red. I'll post picks when they are done

whitmanink

Reaction score
how did you get the vvt gaskets out of the valve cover? i stoped and put rtv over my old ones cuz i couldnt get them out and i didnt want to break the alum cover

Jwood562

Reaction score
how did you get the vvt gaskets out of the valve cover? i stoped and put rtv over my old ones cuz i couldnt get them out and i didnt want to break the alum cover

they pried out pretty easy. One ripped in the process but they are available at almost any auto parts store for around $13 for the pair

Jwood562

Reaction score
Yes I believe they are pressed in. I would be careful about trying to pull them out. The metal is kind of brittle and thin. I just cut mine off and ground them flush.

when you ground them flush how does your injector wiring sit? I assuming its not that big of an issue but just wondering

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
when you ground them flush how does your injector wiring sit? I assuming its not that big of an issue but just wondering
I did a complete wire tuck, so I don't need those posts on the valve covers. I re-built my wiring harness so that it sits down in the engine block valley area and the wires extend out from in between the intake runners to the injectors and coils.
e54d9b16ad1e52aedcaf33caef8a3482.jpg

07 Boss

Reaction score
Haha. As I was reading this thread I thought to myself, "What did I do with mine?" I can't remember a thing. Oops, I guess that's why they are still there just hanging out.

AHaze

Reaction score
I did a complete wire tuck, so I don't need those posts on the valve covers. I re-built my wiring harness so that it sits down in the engine block valley area and the wires extend out from in between the intake runners to the injectors and coils.
I did the same thing. The only pic I have is from back when the car was still NA. This required drilling a hole in the webbing between the runners of the stock manifold.
View media item 8811

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back