Racing schools?

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
OK...going to Bondurant first week on January. The schedule worked best for me and I'll be able to visit with my dad in Phoenix. I also like the fact they use Z51 Vettes. Next time I might do Skip Barbe at VIR.

Cool! I've been thinking about Bondurant or Spring Mountain in 2011 for their advanced driver school. I'm going to VIR to participate in approx. 7 HPDE and Time Trial events in '10, hopefully I'll see you at one of those events so we can talk about your experiences at Bondurant.

EDIT: I'll be going to Spring Mountain based on what I learned from two friends that went to Bondurant. The instructors expect a 10% tip at the conclusion of the course based on your registration fee (~ $380).... Umm, I don't think so. Not sure what everyone elses experiences were as of a year ago. Perhaps its changed.

Last edited:

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
VIR is a bit of a hike for me but I hope to do two sessions, early spring and late fall. Most of my time is spent at NJMP. I'll do Pocono again and the Glen this year.

Cool! I've been thinking about Bondurant or Spring Mountain in 2011 for their advanced driver school. I'm going to VIR to participate in approx. 7 HPDE and Time Trial events in '10, hopefully I'll see you at one of those events so we can talk about your experiences at Bondurant.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Your car looks familiar - when and which club were you running with at VIR when that photo was taken in your sig?

TLeroux

Reaction score
OK...going to Bondurant first week on January. The schedule worked best for me and I'll be able to visit with my dad in Phoenix. I also like the fact they use Z51 Vettes. Next time I might do Skip Barbe at VIR.

Hope you enjoy the Bondurant class. I considered them, but decided I wanted to drive Laguna Seca, if they provide the cars I might as well pick a track I'd like to drive but is too far to tow. The Barber class turned out very well, there were 8 drivers there for the MX5 school so they didn't split the class in half and alternate groups on track. The Miata's were interesting to drive (the steering wheel actually changes the direction of travel of the car) The instructors had me working on some new ways to aproach corners and working on a wet line and a drying line on the track, can't wait to try it out in the spring.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy the Bondurant class. I considered them, but decided I wanted to drive Laguna Seca, if they provide the cars I might as well pick a track I'd like to drive but is too far to tow. The Barber class turned out very well, there were 8 drivers there for the MX5 school so they didn't split the class in half and alternate groups on track. The Miata's were interesting to drive (the steering wheel actually changes the direction of travel of the car) The instructors had me working on some new ways to aproach corners and working on a wet line and a drying line on the track, can't wait to try it out in the spring.

It was a very tough decision for me since I really wanted to go to Laguna Seca and maybe someday I will. Ultimately the schedule pushed me toward Bondurant so I'm flying to Phoenix tomorrow. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
It was a very tough decision for me since I really wanted to go to Laguna Seca and maybe someday I will. Ultimately the schedule pushed me toward Bondurant so I'm flying to Phoenix tomorrow. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

Good deal, the weather here is GREAT right now!

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
November '09, Trackdaze - Blue Group

Cool! I run in their Advanced Group driving a different car though... I'm going to several VIR HPDE events this year - look forward to seeing you there. :beer:

3070_1140484105236_1021434504_427270_7671917_n.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back