Radio boost, temp, pressure display

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Feel free to poke all the fun you want lol, I would, just wanna see if I can do it really! I’m wanting to get my radio to display all the vehicle info it can on the radio screen. Pretty sure the equipment I have will do it, just dunno if car will. The wiring harness needed to do this list for a 2007-2012. I’m pretty sure all the info is obtained from the OBDII port. I’m thinking that the 2007+’s had tire pressure display, steering controls, & voice answering/phone capability’s, etc that the 2005-2006 didn’t offer so the kit isnt offered for those years. The info I’m wanting I think comes from the OBDII port on 2005-2012..? I’ve already added a 2014 steering wheel & have steering controls (cruise doesn’t work which was supposed to be the easy part lol) so that’s covered. The deck should let me select which gauge I want to monitor/display but will the OBDII port produce that info? Boost is the one I don’t think I’ll get that I really want, no reason for Ford to add a measurement device on the 05-06’s that I know of?
upload_2023-1-31_8-36-1.png
upload_2023-1-31_8-36-18.png
upload_2023-1-31_8-38-13.png
middle pic is what I’m looking for
upload_2023-1-31_8-42-21.png

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Curious...

Here to watch the outcome
Just got off phone with Maestro..not to helpful. He basically said “if Ford used the same ‘can software’ in 2006 as they did in 2007, what your trying to do should work but you have to buy the parts to see and no refund if it doesn’t”……dunno if I wanna spend $200 after it’s all said and done to “try it” lol

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I would imagine that it should work. You will have to get a new stereo head unit. I have that Maestro unit in my '12, along with a Pioneer head unit.

You should be able to see all of the engine info on your car as the sensors are there. If you plugged a scanner/tuner into the OBDII port, you would need to select all of that data for a datalog. So yes, it should be there. The tire pressure, maybe not. Boost would just be manifold pressure, right? If so, there should be a sensor for that on the car I'd imagine.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I run Torque with Bluetooth on android.
Run it on my phone, windshield mounted. Same setup I use for TrackAddict.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I run Torque with Bluetooth on android.
Run it on my phone, windshield mounted. Same setup I use for TrackAddict.

I run Torque in my 6.0 F550, love that program. Used to be on a windshield mounted tablet, then I put it on a 10" android head unit so I can have android auto/maps, etc. Bluetooth with a Kiwi 2 adapter, and I even have a pyrometer with it.

Torque is free. But WELL WORTH the cheap cost to get torque pro.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back