re: price match policy

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
waste of 15 minutes of my time on the phone just to be told no.

if id have known it would be such an issue to give you guys the money instead of somewhere else i would've saved the time and not bothered calling.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
More details would help your story alot. I've ordered from americanmuscle many times and they're one of the best to buy from in my experiences.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
went on to AM customer wanted to purchase bbk shorty headers.

find a set for the car.
price is 329.00

go on forums to ask for forum discount see price match policy, i then check other places and find them for 282.14 on another site.

i call am, i explain what i want to do, they say hold on, put me on hold for 5 minutes, then the guy asks me how to find the item on the other site, i do that, he puts me on hold for another 5 minutes, then tells me they will sell me them for 311.13 and i said thats not the price on their site, and he said they can't come near that price. they knew right from the beginning of the call the price i found yet still made me wait around and get put on hold 3 times for no reason.

I'm fine not buying it from a random place and would've preferred to use Am, but i don't need to be jerked around when they clearly knew the price i expected from the beginning

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
They just priced matched for me. They will beat the advertised price SHIPPED, so if the place does not have free shipping, then that could be it.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Also sounds like you were trying to use coupon codes and such. I've never seen a company allow you to price match a coupon code.

And why is this such an inconvenience that you need to bitch? Just buy it from the other guy. There has to be a reason you want to put them on blast beyond just trying to match a price that is obviously below their cost.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
Was free shipping , it's not like I was trying to use some secret coupon code , all week that site is offering 10% off everything.
And I'm
Mad because I wasted time and then the employee gets mad at me that I didn't choose to buy from them even though they knew the price I was going to pay.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Was free shipping , it's not like I was trying to use some secret coupon code , all week that site is offering 10% off everything.
And I'm
Mad because I wasted time and then the employee gets mad at me that I didn't choose to buy from them even though they knew the price I was going to pay.

The place had had the lower price. Did that include shipping also? I ask because American Muscle is probably Warehouse Direct with everyone. This allows them to guarantee the best price. If the lower price did not include shipping, then that might explain alot. The numbers you posted are basically a 10% difference. That is alot when you re discussing additional discounts.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
they clearly knew the price i expected from the beginning

And they are supposed to believe the price you give them on the phone right away?
They have to check the price and see if it is from the reputable store and see if it includes shipping not to mention if the coupon code has been applied to it. You should know when it comes to price matching no one accounts for the coupon code. And you were put on hold for 5 min twice…. which is not too bad imo

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
AM-

autoanything-

i understand am needs to see the price on their website. what i am complaining about is that they knew the price i was prepared to pay at the beginning of the phone call. and then after finally getting the guy onto the page over the phone, he tries to rush me through a transaction saying "

ok so we've got the price down to 313 how would you like to pay?

then when i told them i wanted to pay the rate i told them at the beginning of the conversation they say oh no we can't do that.

i have no problem with them not matching the price, i have a problem with them not telling me up front they can't match the price instead of jerking me around on the phone

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
They have to look these things up and typically take it up with their manager. I'm sure the customer service reps don't have the authority to just give you 10% off of anything. It only took 10 minutes which is no big deal in my eyes as I've been on hold with Summit for over an hour before. I guess "you had to be there". I don't understand why you didn't just order from AA lol

Last edited:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
They did match the price, they didn't match the discount. They lived up to the guarantee, sounds like you have the ability to get a blanket discount at AA, and they are willing to lose money on some products to maintain that discount.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Am honored their policy, but you're butt hurt because you didn't understand it and lost 10 minutes of your life? Am's customer service is worth a few minutes and a few dollars in my opinion. Get over it.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Complain......

Wedgie323.jpg

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Im also with OP. I wouldn't expect them to match the promo code, but they should have been more up front from the jump.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back