re: price match policy

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Someone who used to work at AM would price match another companies discount. He once told me that they offer a promo/forum discount so for him it wasnt worth it to lose business over a few dollars. Boy do I miss him?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Uhhh dude.. they did match the ADVERTISED price they aint going to match a coupon code.

wtf

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yall need to understand how autoanything works. They offer a 10% promo sitewide. Its easier to give a promo than to change every price on every item. They do this a few times a year. Normally they offer 5% or they will do specials on certain brands. AM has price matched autoanythings sales, ive done it. But that has been awhile.

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
And again. I wouldnt be mad about them not matching the promo. I would be mad that they werent upfront when I called....

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
When you stated the price, did you state it was a price witha discount code on it?
If not how would they know it was an advertised price or discounted one

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
waste of 15 minutes of my time on the phone just to be told no.

if id have known it would be such an issue to give you guys the money instead of somewhere else i would've saved the time and not bothered calling.

Cool story bro. Tell it again!

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
You tried, you failed, now just go give your business to auto anything. No need to cry and make a thread about it. There policy clearly states advertised price.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry that we didn't catch this over the weekend, but I wanted to respond first thing and clear this up. We absolutely price match any reputable competitor's publicly advertised price. We just don't match the craigslist, eBay and Amazons of the world.

In this scenario, we'll definitely price-match for you. We typically won't price match discount codes on other sites when you call in. We offer our own forums discount code of 6%, but in cases where the competitor is still cheaper, of course we want to keep your business.

I can definitely make an exception here and price-match, but keep in mind that the guys on the phone were doing their job. They're instructed not to match pricing with coupon codes, so what they said was correct.

If you're interested, just hit me up at chris[dot]rose[at]americanmuscle[dot]com and I'll get this squared away for you. Thanks for going out of your way to give us a chance to earn your business. We appreciate the loyalty!

Chris

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Squeaky wheel tactics work again. Remind me to start a thread about how I wanted turbo kit for free, and how their phone guys wouldn't give it to me.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He does not deserve such good customer service.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Squeaky wheel tactics work again. Remind me to start a thread about how I wanted turbo kit for free, and how their phone guys wouldn't give it to me.

He does not deserve such good customer service.

Could we have just told him "sorry - no dice"? Definitely. I don't think anyone would have faulted us for it. So, in that sense I wouldn't say the squeaky wheel tactic worked or that there was an element of him "deserving it". However, I definitely see where you guys are coming from.

We're just trying to be a great company to shop with and I'm proud of the times we go above any beyond like this, whether or not we needed to. At the end of the day, hopefully the OP will get great service from us and not just a great price and want to do business with us in the future. We try to not only be the cheapest around, but the best.

In this case, we got beat on the price, but we'll try and match it PLUS give him something the other store couldn't - a truly good shopping experience from actual Mustang guys.

And for the record - I really appreciate everyone in this thread having our back. You guys here at S197 are awesome!

Chris

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
Already ordered it from the other guys unfortunately. Would've liked to have used you guys but I had the customer with me and couldn't tell him no we need to get it here for a higher price because ______

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
And this is an example of why if AM carries it I will buy it from them even if its a few bucks more, the two guys that are on here are soooo customer service focused.

Sent from my phone, spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of tapatalk.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I can attest to the customer service received from the AM guys on this board, second to none

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Already ordered it from the other guys unfortunately. Would've liked to have used you guys but I had the customer with me and couldn't tell him no we need to get it here for a higher price because ______

Understood! Maybe we'll do business on the next one! Thanks again for your understanding...

And this is an example of why if AM carries it I will buy it from them even if its a few bucks more, the two guys that are on here are soooo customer service focused.

Sent from my phone, spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of tapatalk.

I can attest to the customer service received from the AM guys on this board, second to none

Thanks guys! We really appreciate the fact that you guys notice. We'll always bend-over-backwards to make sure you guys here are taken care of first and foremost!

Chris

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back