Ready to shoot myself with damn wideband issues.

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well I think the title about sums it up. I have been working with Eric Brooks of Brooksspeed and he has been overly patient with my issues. What he asked for was my Wideband readings in the datalogs I do through livelink for him. I currently have a LC1 wideband kit and basically what I'm trying to do is attach the signal from my wideband into livelink. I have bought and spliced in a firewire for my X3 and it has been nothing but problems with livelink since. What happens is that the minute I go to datalog livelink essentially freezes. It then says no data recieved for 10 seconds logging terminated. I thought it was a firewire cable so bought another cable and spliced it in to my LC1 controller. Same thing happens. Called innovate and they told me I needed to use logworks and their terminator plug setup to get a reading. Bought that cable and setup to be told that it wasn't necessary for livelink. So yesterday I called SCT who advised me to download livelink GEN 2 and update my X3 to the newest firmware. Well did all that and the new livelink needs firmware 2.1 or higher to run. The firmware update I did on my X3 brought me to 1.5 and says thats the newest and current firmware update available. Well since it wont work on GEN2 I tried the old livelink 6.5 that I was using before and now am getting a error code saying cannot unlock tuner. Any advice on what to do now? SCT is no help neither is innovate.

Also Sorry for the book but I'm frustrated beyond belief right now and trying to give as much info as possible.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'm datalogging with an LC1 no problem. All I can think of is did you splice into the same signal wire the gauge uses?

LuckyFlyingROUSH

forum member
Reaction score
Do the SCT live chat, I ended up having to do that and they put some file that allowed me to update firmwear further on my tuner...make sure you return the car to stock first.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
LC1 working great for me as well. I don't remember which wire I used, brown or yellow but I have the digital XD16 gauge. Just be sure to use the same ground you used for the heater ground and tie all the grounds for the firewire cable to that ground as well.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
I have an AEM AFR gauge and I used the RED, GREEN, and BLUE wires on a firewire cable to send the signal to my X3.

RED is 5V signal from gauge.
GREEN and BLUE are ground.

I think the wire colors in Firewires are pretty consistent. At least with the 3 cables I've done. Hardest part is working with the damned thin (hair-like) wires. lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back