Rear end broken

kmracer

forum member
Reaction score
even people on that thread said it was a good diff its all about your personal experience and a little luck, i bet alot of people would recomend a spec clutch but ask NJsgt about the spec clutch and hell say they are horrible if you have a 650+ hp car with a trutrac and you dont beef up your rear end with braces eventually its gonna break but if you do things right and dont cut corners im sure the trutrac will suffice. even if you put in a spool instead i bet the axles will be the first thing to break then there will be a 31 spline axle pissing contest. IMHO u the OP caught an unlucky break with the trutrac but ford has been using them for years so there must be something to them

well... its a 6 page thread with 3-5 posts a page with someone claiming a broken trutrac, but that must just be bad luck. with both a 9" and an S60 theres no brace really available aside from a welded back brace, and most run them.

i've also never heard of ford using them from the factory, but read pleanty about the clutch type they DO use. with the right friction material they seem to do alright. do they put tru trac in gt500's? cobras? lightnings? hmm. wonder why?

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
what ever happened here? was it the rearend? mine has a clunk everytime is shift gears, if I press the clutch and relese in neutral... no clunk

if i press and release in gear it clunks UNLESS i have the rpms perfect its smooth and no clunk, but if they have to drop when i shift it clunks lol

considering going to dealer but I wrather build up the week spot

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back