Rear end broken

yasuro

Reaction score
my service adviser called me and it looks like ford had decided that instead of just replacing the ring and pinion that i'll be getting a whole new rear axle.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I'm actually having a bit of a howl coming from my rearend and only have around 700 miles. Going to bring it in to see what they say since it's too early to have this happen.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
my service adviser called me and it looks like ford had decided that instead of just replacing the ring and pinion that i'll be getting a whole new rear axle.

thats nice, maybe you can give them a call and ask for a specific gear ratio ?

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Damn! Build that rear up with 1.5 60ft's!

i want to find what is the real problem first. The rear end will be done after i get back from deployment but i have been driving the car harder and harder every day and nothing is making any noise anymore.

I will be taking the transsmision out to install new clutch and the rear end and make sure the car hold up the power.

Right now i have no time.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Question here. What in the hell could be the damn noise i had before??? I just push the car from 1,2,3 until 4 gear and i was power shifting the car and no noise no problem. I am thinking something felt off the car that day or could it be the drive shaft making noise in the unions??

I will get the car in a lift to change the oil before i leave on my deployment and i will see around but i am clueless so far..

:headscratch:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Question here. What in the hell could be the damn noise i had before??? I just push the car from 1,2,3 until 4 gear and i was power shifting the car and no noise no problem. I am thinking something felt off the car that day or could it be the drive shaft making noise in the unions??

I will get the car in a lift to change the oil before i leave on my deployment and i will see around but i am clueless so far..

:headscratch:

I broke a spyder gear in a 7.5 SVO rear and had the exact same symptoms as you. I wouls venture to guess the piece is laying in the bottom of your rear end housing. Just a matter of time before it blows up if you keep driving it.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I broke a spyder gear in a 7.5 SVO rear and had the exact same symptoms as you. I wouls venture to guess the piece is laying in the bottom of your rear end housing. Just a matter of time before it blows up if you keep driving it.

Thanks man, that is the same i was thinking due to the fact that when i hear the it poop it was turning at less than 4 MPH very slow and then it started making the clunking noise while i drove forward then back. I will definitely beef up the rear end but i will change the clutch anyway too. I just have to figure out the whole deal on that relearn of the fly wheel and the clutch bleed.

kmracer

forum member
Reaction score
the tru tracks SUCK in the 9", so i'd assume they'll also suck in an 8.8. they're weak, and most guys break em at the track, especially with a stick, slicks/dr's and 400+whp.

go with a locker or a clutch type diff.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
the tru tracks SUCK in the 9", so i'd assume they'll also suck in an 8.8. they're weak, and most guys break em at the track, especially with a stick, slicks/dr's and 400+whp.

go with a locker or a clutch type diff.

Sorry dude but you don't know what the fuck you are talking about on this one. The Tru Tracks are stout as hell and very dependable with slicks and stick cars. :asshat:

Shat9611

Ex-ford tech
Reaction score

even people on that thread said it was a good diff its all about your personal experience and a little luck, i bet alot of people would recomend a spec clutch but ask NJsgt about the spec clutch and hell say they are horrible if you have a 650+ hp car with a trutrac and you dont beef up your rear end with braces eventually its gonna break but if you do things right and dont cut corners im sure the trutrac will suffice. even if you put in a spool instead i bet the axles will be the first thing to break then there will be a 31 spline axle pissing contest. IMHO u the OP caught an unlucky break with the trutrac but ford has been using them for years so there must be something to them

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
even people on that thread said it was a good diff its all about your personal experience and a little luck, i bet alot of people would recomend a spec clutch but ask NJsgt about the spec clutch and hell say they are horrible if you have a 650+ hp car with a trutrac and you dont beef up your rear end with braces eventually its gonna break but if you do things right and dont cut corners im sure the trutrac will suffice. even if you put in a spool instead i bet the axles will be the first thing to break then there will be a 31 spline axle pissing contest. IMHO u the OP caught an unlucky break with the trutrac but ford has been using them for years so there must be something to them

Bingo!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back