Rear Seat delete

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
Was looking at ordering a rear seat delete kit and the reviews all said it was just 1/4" plywood covered. Ive already got some extra car carpet and was wondering if anyone had already made their own or if someone had one theyd bought that they could measure to let me know the dimensions.
thanks, matt

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
then i added a nice Ford Racing logo to it. I removed the larger ford logo at the top and kept the ford racing one

DSCN0376.jpg

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
Looks nice. I myself had built my own rear seat delete and made a custom sub enclosure out of the back of it. Trust me it aint worth the headache trying to deisgn it and on top of that. I think all done and complete I added weight with the box and subs.

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
I made my own rear seat delete about two weeks ago and it came out pretty good. I am in texas right now but once i get home on the third i could post some pics and info on it. If you have a couple of cardboard boxes open them up and use them to make your template thats what i used.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
Looks nice. I myself had built my own rear seat delete and made a custom sub enclosure out of the back of it. Trust me it aint worth the headache trying to deisgn it and on top of that. I think all done and complete I added weight with the box and subs.

Kinda thought it may not be. Just wondered what people whod made one thought. I can get the american muscle one for like $120 but figured if i could save a few bucks and get to build a mod myself i would.

Also wondered about the weight cause ive had the stock seat out and doesnt seem like it weights much. Honestly just doing it more for looks than anything cause in the 5 years ive had the car the back seats been used prob 5 times.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where did you purchase the ford racing logo if you dont mind me asking.

ebay lol

Its a tin sign that i velcroed into place so if i need to throw something back there i can pull it off so it doesnt get damaged.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
I made my own rear seat delete about two weeks ago and it came out pretty good. I am in texas right now but once i get home on the third i could post some pics and info on it. If you have a couple of cardboard boxes open them up and use them to make your template thats what i used.

You just used one piece of plywood for the bottom and one for the back? From what i remembered from having the seat out the bottom didnt seem like it would be level with just one piece. May go look at my car real quick since taking the stock bottom out is like a 10 sec job lol

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the most weight in the stock rear seat area is in the seatbelts and the brackets. the seats themselves weigh like 5lbs, if that

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
Kinda thought it may not be. Just wondered what people whod made one thought. I can get the american muscle one for like $120 but figured if i could save a few bucks and get to build a mod myself i would.

Also wondered about the weight cause ive had the stock seat out and doesnt seem like it weights much. Honestly just doing it more for looks than anything cause in the 5 years ive had the car the back seats been used prob 5 times.

If your doing it just for looks and to be able to say you did it yourself then I say go for it. If you ever need to throw something back there, I did all the time, make sure the bottom piece is strong enough to hold a little wieght.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
My girlfriend got me one from American muscle for my birthday, and i have nothing but issues with the top holes not lining up, it pops out all the time. such a PITA!!!

BTW, nice Ford Racing Logo!

Brandon

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
My girlfriend got me one from American muscle for my birthday, and i have nothing but issues with the top holes not lining up, it pops out all the time. such a PITA!!!

BTW, nice Ford Racing Logo!

Brandon

Thats exactly what all the reviews said... May try getting something together, figure worse case it doesnt work and i shouldnt be out much money.

Broke :(
Reaction score
Does any one have just the measurements for the two back pieces. I have an idea I want to try, but I need the measurements! Thanks!!!

BlackDeath

forum member
Reaction score
Here was the one a buddy and I made for my car, 1/2" Birch and some autozone black carpet. I don't have the measurements off the top of my head but if nobody post them, I'll post them up later when I get home. I used 1/2" cause I also have have my nitrous bottle mounted in the middle. I couldn't really find one I liked so this is why we did what we did and, at a cost of 130 for something you can sit and mount stuff on, I am very pleased

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2_2.jpg

ayabrego

Sprayed yaaa
Reaction score
This looks very familar! I think I was at his house. Hes putting on new heads? It was very clean. I think his name was chris or connor

BlackDeath

forum member
Reaction score
This looks very familar! I think I was at his house. Hes putting on new heads? It was very clean. I think his name was chris or connor
Whats up bro, yeah everyone just calls me Conner and you saw how I had everthing mounted. I'm really proud of that one, it was the first wood and upholstery job I've ever done. Oh and I had already done the heads and we where going through timing to try and fiind an issue I'm having.

ayabrego

Sprayed yaaa
Reaction score
Oh so this is Connor then? You were the one giving me all the tips. Your a cool guy. That rear seat delete is very clean I am thinking about attempting it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back