Recent detail job I just did...black is a PITA!

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Car was encrusted in salt from the beach front house. Took 6 hours to get this baby right, but boy did it come out great!!!

Before:

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great work man !!

Ever seen this before ??

a2y5a2yg.jpg

zusy8a9a.jpg

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
What exactly is it? is it rough to touch? damage to the paint (goes in) or contaminents on the outside (raised feeling)? Touch it with a plastic bag over ur fingers if you can't tell.

This lexus had some of that, very minor though, from the salt air. her front rims were shot due to salt water. Chrome + salt - protection = fail.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It goes down, caves in . I've asked numerous ppl what it's from and cant get a answer.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like salt air to me. You see it a lot in south florida with cars that are constantly near the beach and neglected. Could also be another contaminent that got in the paint. Acid rain, some sort of chemical overspray. If its white like that, it may be too far gone.

JAWIEDEMANN

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same thing. Its mainly around the fender wells, but now it's eating the paint on my rims also.

0311-Yut!

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same thing. Its mainly around the fender wells, but now it's eating the paint on my rims also.

0311-Yut!

Around the fender wells could easily be rock chips, grime from rain water (when you splash those puddles on the side doing 50mph, that water shoots at the fenders HARD and is loaded with small gravel that can cause that). Could also, once again be salt.

0341: an 11 with brains ;) lol

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Blacks a bitch? Tell me about it! But damn well worth it in the end. Nice job.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
You mean a fobbit infantryman? :popcorneat:

Great job on the paint man :thumb:

Maybe an 11C in the army (or whatever the designator). In the Marines, we RARELY shot mortars and when we did, it was a 60mm on patrol. Did 16 months in Afghanistan: patrolled almost every single day of them, sometimes 2-3 times a day :). Fobbit? not quite.

True story: first deployment, our BC actually put my platoon at the southern most part of the AO in order to be a blocking position for 3/5s (i believe) push through Marjah. Well, turned out our closest organic support was 10 clicks away and we were engaged in contacts from 100-1000m DAILY. Nothing wakes your ass up more than a Dragunov crackin the mud wall 8 inches above your head :)

Thanks for the compliments btw! I was really satisfied with how that baby came out!

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
You mean a fobbit infantryman? :popcorneat:

Great job on the paint man :thumb:

On a side note, I could post some videos of our "superb" snipers we had attached and how they would get 5 kills just by walking out their tent in the morning LOL (yea, we kept tallies of 81's plt vs. STA platoon)

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
On a side note, I could post some videos of our "superb" snipers we had attached and how they would get 5 kills just by walking out their tent in the morning LOL (yea, we kept tallies of 81's plt vs. STA platoon)

What is this combat you speak of? All I've ever done was admin and paperwork... :popcorneat:

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Great work....If I missed it, I apologize, but what steps did you use?

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Great work....If I missed it, I apologize, but what steps did you use?

I didn't go into it really.

I started with a clean car and used 3D light rubbing compound with a yellow pad. Then I followed it up with meguairs 205, followed by a finishing polish and montan wax from 3D. They are a chemical supply company based out of California and just opened a shop locally so I figured I'd try them. Very good products so far.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
The 205 was done with an orange pad and the finish polish a gray pad. The wax was hand applied as I prefer that method to buffing wax on

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back