Redneck Wheel Mock Up..LOL.....Need Opinions

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is just a mock up to see what it would look like before we actually powder coat them.......i wanted to get some feed back on doing it this way.....black spokes and the inner rim where the rivets are will be black as well......the rivets will stay silver along with the TSW center cap.....the lips will be chrome......

The other option was the same way as above but in stead of doing the spokes all the way.......leave the back sides of the spokes chrome and the inner parts of the spokes chrome and just the front face of the wheel and inner lip where rivets are be black with chrome lip

2012-11-26_21-14-01_615.jpg

2012-11-26_21-16-03_634.jpg

2012-11-26_21-13-29_336.jpg

As the car sits now with the solid chrome....

ResizedImage951351107747117.jpg

ResizedImage951351106756312.jpg

ResizedImage951351107006390.jpg

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Funny thing is that i used black electrical tape......figured that would be the closest thing to a semi gloss black and it didnt turn out too bad for a half ass quick job........but the powder coat i am going to use will be a semi gloss with a small bit of metallic flake in it.......not much but just a little to pop a bit

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
lol! that looks pretty good for electrical tape.. I thought it was plastidip

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Call me crazy but in the first pic the wheels look like they have a gold lip. I think it would look sick against that blue. Just my .02

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but in the first pic the wheels look like they have a gold lip. I think it would look sick against that blue. Just my .02

Lol.....it was a glare from the light......im not sure how gold would look....it may would look too ricey......never have really been into the gold or bronze rims though.....no offense thoufh......just not my taste.....but on the right car and setup it may would look good......

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I thought the lip was gold as well. I like the blacked out spokes, but I kinda dig the way it sits now, all chrome. Tough call.

07silvergtss

forum member
Reaction score
Like the black better, I would prob invest next on some slotted/drilled rotors since your wheels expose your rotors so much imo?? also your car is looking sweet man, I hope to see your car soon in person soon since your so close.

riceeater33

forum member
Reaction score
I'm always going to say, do what you like best. As for me, I like them all chrome, only because your car is already sleek and one tone for the most part, and the chrome gives it a good pop but doesnt over do it.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
All black spokes w/gold lip! DO IT!!!
Peer pressure is a you know what...
I wanna see that thing. I never realized you were from Alabama until a day or so ago. I come through there every once in a while but will be there more next year most likely for drift events

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Like the black better, I would prob invest next on some slotted/drilled rotors since your wheels expose your rotors so much imo?? also your car is looking sweet man, I hope to see your car soon in person soon since your so close.

Thanks for reminding me.......i really need to pick up a set......i will be at the world of wheels in February in Birmingham.....the car will be on display that whole weekend.......see if you can stop by that show.....its huge.....

Peer pressure is a you know what...
I wanna see that thing. I never realized you were from Alabama until a day or so ago. I come through there every once in a while but will be there more next year most likely for drift events

Lol i know it is.......like i said above about the world of wheels ill be there in February and many other big shows in Georgia Florida Mississippi Tennessee and of course Bama........we need to have a big meet up with the bama people on here so we can do some photoshoots and hang out

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Make it black with everything else polished or chromed.

My rims are that way and I love the look.

Yup.....black centers and chrome lips is the way i have decided that im going......im just looking for something subtle but that will still compliment the car

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I'd murder the wheels out. It would flow with your tail and front end!!!!! A chrome lip would be the only chrome on the exterior of the car and look out of place IMO.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
i will be at the world of wheels in February in Birmingham.....the car will be on display that whole weekend.......see if you can stop by that show.....its huge.....

Lol i know it is.......like i said above about the world of wheels ill be there in February and many other big shows in Georgia Florida Mississippi Tennessee and of course Bama........we need to have a big meet up with the bama people on here so we can do some photoshoots and hang out

I'm just north of you in Huntsville. There are a lot of folks from Alabama on here. We should definitely try to meet up. Maybe at the WoW show? What is the date of the one in B'ham?

Back