Reische Thermostats?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wondering the same thing; there was mention of it in 5.0's July 2010 magazine where they were upgrading parts of a GT 500 and the thermostat was mentioned as lowering temps by 16 degrees; I take it with a grain of salt coming from 5.0/any car magazine but it looks legit....and for $29 for the 07's and up that is a cheap mod for FI guys!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well looks like Greg, Tony, and I will be swapping in some of these 170 thermostats, should have some feedback for yall after they are in.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
I think we will be fine. It doesn't usually get to cold here in Va Beach. It never hurts to run a few degrees cooler in this nasty hot/humid weather we have been getting either!

Do you know how much lower we have to set our cooling fans though?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
cant you just put the 160 in there and adjust the fan settings higher if you want?

I was going to swap back to 180 but F it.. Its not the cause of my issues

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I thought if you go too low with the t-stat you would then need your tune adjusted since it could cause open/closed loop problems and the car may not run correctly?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think we will be fine. It doesn't usually get to cold here in Va Beach. It never hurts to run a few degrees cooler in this nasty hot/humid weather we have been getting either!

Do you know how much lower we have to set our cooling fans though?

Mine are already set on the lowest settings my xcal-2 will let me go. Since my fan is wired to come on high all the time. Idealy low speed shoud be as low as possible andhigh speed should be at the same temp as the thermostat. So 170 for high speed.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought if you go too low with the t-stat you would then need your tune adjusted since it could cause open/closed loop problems and the car may not run correctly?

Nope, it will take alittle longer to warm up and will have some bucking driveability issues till its warmed up over time. You can run the sytem without a thermostat altogether if you wanted (open all the time for max cooling but would be a bitch in the winter.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cant you just put the 160 in there and adjust the fan settings higher if you want?

I was going to swap back to 180 but F it.. Its not the cause of my issues

The 160 is still going to start opening regardless of the fan settings, and is too cool of a thermostat for daily driven non twin screw car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back