Remotes working intermittently

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago my 2008 Bullitt's OE remotes for lock/unlock/trunk/alarm started working only intermittently. I'm not sure I see a pattern in how its working/not working either. It seems so random, w/more times that it doesn't work than does.

There's been no mods to any electrical system in the car and I've tried all the obvious: the remote batteries have been swapped, the remotes internals have been cleaned since this all started, and the remotes have been reset.

The locksmith who does my keys has no clue and neither to do the Ford techs I talked to today at the local dealer. Their only advice was it was possibly some module that was off kilter and expensive to replace. They wanted me to drop it off for a service appointment but I politely declined.

I've searched the owner's manual, youtube and the internet to no avail in rectifying this. I see no obvious issues- like blown fuses or damaged wiring- and the only issue is the remotes, nothing else. Car starts/runs/performs fine and no other electrical type issues.

Any ideas on what it might be and how to fix? Yeah, it's a gremlin.
Thanks in advance.
Lee

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I have that cable plugged in 24x7. Never had any remote issues. That said, fobs are the originals, will need batteries eventually. That shit is 14 yrs old. lol

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Lee,

Good to know...if you have another FOB issue w/ the Bullitt - let me know. They PO of my '09 Bullitt thought he lost a FOB, bought one fm dealer so I have "three" and will gladly send one your way, if needed.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
I can tell you that this really little bugger really surprised me. Funny thing is I have 2 other power plug-ins do not cause this issue. Guess that's what I get for buying an inexpensive ebay item.
Lee

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Generally nothing. It was just plugged into the dash. It's there for my phone but I don't normally attach it unless my phone battery is low.

UplandT

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I have been frustrated with remote working intermittently for over a year. I was ready to buy a new SJB but found out they don't make new ones for my 2005 base coupe. I was exploring installing aftermarket remote keyless entry system so I could have remote lock/unlock feature. Finally discovered my issue. I pressed down on my closed trunk to see if that made a difference and my remotes started working. Evidently the trunk close switch wasn't fully engaged thereby preventing the remotes from working. I am going to try cleaning, adjusting or replacing the trunk closed switch. I have verified this is the issue because the remote didn't work again today and I pressed down on closed trunk and all remote features started working again. From my forum research a faulty door latch can also be the root cause. Just wanted to share so other frustrated members can possibly find a solution for their intermittent remote issues.

Darren Kirby

Reaction score
Hi there from over the pond. This helped me a great deal. My remote started playing up. Did all the normal stuff but after seeing this I unplugged a new dashcam from the central cigarette lighter and the fob immediatly worked. Thought id post his in case anyone else fits one

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back