Removing Cigarette Smell From Interior

RichardSATX

Roush On!
Reaction score
Pour gas all over the interior and throw a match in, or put a burnt rotting corpse in the trunk to overpower the smell. I'm 51 and have never smoked, I hate the smell. Don't get me wrong, I really feel bad for you. That dealer isn't worthy to suck the sweat off of a dead terrorists balls. I hate people that cover up shit like that! I hope some of the suggestions here work for ya.

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
damn they must have chain smoked in that cr w the windows up! i smoke in my car but when all my non smoker friends get in it they cant tell i even smoke in it

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Much appreciated everyone! I actually smoked for 15 years (quit in 2000) so it REALLY bugs me. I will get rid of the smell one way or another, just sucks to drive it until I find the magic bullet.

95five-0

forum member
Reaction score
The thing I've always done to get the smell out is to shampoo the carpet. Use pine Sol and a actual lemon sliced up in the shampooer.

lee12609

forum member
Reaction score
2 things that work well for most odors in a car, although not sure about smoke.

pop a bag of popcorn, dont burn it, run out to car and open the bag and set it in the floorboard, close all doors and windows for a few hours (overnight works best). when you're done the interior will smell like a movie theatre for a few days but after that wears off any other smell will be gone.

the other is the apple, green, tart apples work best, i usually do 3 or 4 and leave them in overnight. popcorn works better though.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Well the detailing was about as good as my kids would have done but didn't expect much for $35... got the coupon through Amazon Local, it was a $75 value. I would say they got 95% of the smell out. If I leave the windows up over night there is a very faint cigarette smell but nothing like it was. Now that the carpet shampooing is complete I bought some spray for the inside... should be here Wednesday. Hopefully that is the final piece!

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't read page 2 so excuse me if I'm repeating something.

Here's what I would do (I'm a smoker and have dealt with this before because I'm a NUT about odors in my cars).

First thing I would try is a strong spray or neutralizer of some sort, turn your A/C on recirc and keep spraying it in the footwell where it sucks in air (I believe that's where it is in our cars). Keep the windows up and car idling. The smoke smell is probably trapped in your A/C system.

or

My buddy told me about this, leave a cup of vinegar in the car overnight. Never personally tried it but he swears by it.

Looks like you already did the carpets, next area if none of the above works is the headliner.

Sorry you have to deal with this, I smoke in my cars from time to time and no one can ever tell when they get in. I never understood why people do stupid shit like smoke with the windows up and destroy their car.

Best of luck.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back