Removing oxyidation on engine

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HI
I pulled her out and went for my 1st ride of the season. When removing the battery maintainer I see sone white powder, oxyidation in cross over and heads. I used a towel and that helped, but what should I use that won't hurt my blower etc.
Thanks.
WC

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Do you ever wash your engine bay or drive in the rain?? White deposits could be leftover minerals/contaminants from water that remain after drying.

Are your heads the factory finish or are they polished,chrome,painted black. Pics could be helpful.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Never been driven in the rain and the rest of the under hood is very clean. It just looks like oxyidation from storage. My barn is dry, but not heated. Most of the white powder comes off with a damp towel, but with the blower and all the hoses it's not easy to get in there. It's the factory heads and cross over coolant pipe. Never washed the engine bay. Have barely washed the car because I only drive it on nice days. I know iit's Aluminum oxide and not much, but want something to make it show condition again.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, looks like good stuff. Might have to disassembble parts of the engine to get to the heads, but that stuff looks easy. Just time consuming. Which is fine.

Back