removing the factory shifter problem

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
Im trying to remove the stock shifter to install my triax but ran into a problem. Im trying to remove the bolt that attaches the rail to the tranny and it's hitting the tranny tunnel with a few threads to go before it comes out. Is there a easy way to remove this bolt with out trying to shift the tranny over for extra clearance? I have messed with this for over an hour and Im not coming up with anything promissing. Has this happened to anyone else, this makes me angry.

Thanks Ricky

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hear ya man.. I installed a Pro 5.0 on mmiller40's 07 GT yesterday and commented on the same thing. Was pretty sure I was going to "customize" the trans tunnel with a hammer to get the last thread out. Putting that bolt back in wasn't exactly a skip through the park either.

KoolerSL2

Serve and Protect
Reaction score
my 09 was the same way.
just lossened the trans cross member bolts and everything went well, with a little help of a big prybar lol.

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
yup... just loosen the cross member and the tranny will drop just enough to get it out... another thing is the newer ones have a blanket in the tunnel that is a huge pain in the ass

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
yup... just loosen the cross member and the tranny will drop just enough to get it out... another thing is the newer ones have a blanket in the tunnel that is a huge pain in the ass
Yea the blanket was most of the problem, but on the other hand it does help with the noise level, just a pain in the ass to work around.....the story of my life!

Last edited:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You don't even want to know how many times I ratcheted that bolt out only to get the ratchet stuck against the tunnel wall because I wasn't paying attention. Pissed me off every time. LOL...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back