Renew/refresh all 2006 suspension and bushings/seals

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure but probably in wrong area delete if not allowed. But thought this would be the best place to ask to get info, thanks. So basically what I want to do is replace everything that deals with suspension and brakes and make it all like new again but also upgrade. Now I know the basic parts to replace like control arms, k member, a arms, all rear axle seals and bearings and hubs and rear diff cover. I daily and like to drive aggressively on the road and will like to autox once a year. I spirited drive in an abandoned construction area from years ago only had roads put in and makes for fun spirited driving.

Current mods on car are BMR LCA, BMR panhard bar adjustable, and SR springs which will go away.

What I currently have on list:
-Ground control coil kit
-BMR sway bars
-BMR LCA relocation brackets
-BMR k member standard motor mounts
-New stock calipers and centric premium rotors (purchased) and stoptech pads (purchased)
-SS brake lines
-A arms whatever is recommended
-New hubs
-upgraded rear diff cover

What else am I missing, that's all I can think of from the top of my head. I know there should be plenty more in there to freshen up everything. Just want all fresh and new and why not drop weight and upgrade while at it.

Thanks and sorry if in wrong area.

2013DIBGT

I Hate Wheelhop
Reaction score
Current mods on car are BMR LCA, BMR panhard bar adjustable, and SR springs which will go away.

-Ground control coil kit
-BMR sway bars
-New stock calipers and centric premium rotors (purchased) and stoptech pads (purchased)
-SS brake lines
-New hubs

What else am I missing, that's all I can think of from the top of my head. I know there should be plenty more in there to freshen up everything. Just want all fresh and new and why not drop weight and upgrade while at it.

Thanks and sorry if in wrong area.

-Ground control coil kit - will this include both Shocks & Springs? If so what Shocks and Spring Rates?
-BMR sway bars
-BMR k member standard motor mounts - Save your money
-SS brake lines
-A arms whatever is recommended - Save your money and use new OEM ones instead. Maybe upgrade the bushings only
-New hubs - Get the Ford Motorsport Units
-upgraded rear diff cover - Think hard on this one. If you ever decide to want a Watts Link you'll be wasting your money

If you skip some of the fluff I highlighted above you can free up money for things that will actually make a difference like:

Good Higher Temp Brake Fluid
Good Tires
Lightweight / Wider / 18" Rims

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
How many miles are on the car? You probably dont need to replace the front A-arms.

And you can run a BMR watts link with the ford racing (Boss) finned diff cover. That is my exact current set up.

Maybe throw in an upper rear control arm and mount. You can actually upgrade to the '11-'14 arm with new matching hardware.

Last edited:

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
-Ground control coil kit - will this include both Shocks & Springs? If so what Shocks and Spring Rates?
-BMR sway bars
-BMR k member standard motor mounts - Save your money
-SS brake lines
-A arms whatever is recommended - Save your money and use new OEM ones instead. Maybe upgrade the bushings only
-New hubs - Get the Ford Motorsport Units
-upgraded rear diff cover - Think hard on this one. If you ever decide to want a Watts Link you'll be wasting your money

If you skip some of the fluff I highlighted above you can free up money for things that will actually make a difference like:

Good Higher Temp Brake Fluid
Good Tires
Lightweight / Wider / 18" Rims

Yeah I'll be ordering a complete coilover kit from ground control. No idea on rates since i don't know them and how they really work. But plan on talking to the guys there and getting it figured out. Want to stay at 1.5" drop. Aren't they koni's just modified for a coilover and a new modified housing? Okay will scratch the k member. Alright I'll do that and save cause man those are pricey for the A arms! Would it be worth it to just get a bushing kit for my car and replace all of them? How worth it is a watts link? Wheel plans are 18x9.5 or 18x10 on all 4 corners. Looking at eh 07-09 gt500 and 10-12 gt500 wheels as well as the sve drifts or amr wheels. Tires I was looking at nitto. How is stop tech brake fluid? When I swap pads and rotors I'm flushing all fluid with DOT 4. Also is it normal to have some pull left to right while braking with a wide stagger set up? My car does it sometimes. I never got an alignment after springs went on but doesn't have much negative camber at all and struts went back into same spot as before. So caster might be off a hair and the tire wear is great though! Don't know a whole lot about suspension at all. Used to think it was throw this and that on and done, but learned quick after much research thats its not and comes down to learning car and seat time and driving style and I've learned a lot about braking which I understand all of those. Still don't understand all the springs, shocks/struts, and swaybar stuff yet. Will do an upper then as well, didn't know if worth it or not.

Thanks guys!

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
-Ground control coil kit
-BMR sway bars
-SS brake lines
-New hubs

Don't know the OP and no offense intended... we get some strays that wonder into the "corner carver" section and they rarely want to hear what we have to say. I see those folks mostly looking for affirmation of their parts choices, but that's not what this sub-section is for. The Corner Carvers section is about sharing advice to help make Mustangs handle, stop and go faster for autocross, road course, and other competition uses (outside of drag racing/straight line only stuff). Our advice might not match the expert advice given in other sections of this forum. (at least I hope not!) We're all a little bit weird in our competitive nature here. :insane:

DSC_4613-3-M.jpg

Unless you are doing track events or competitive autocrosses, almost nothing on your "wish list" is a good street car only upgrade. And if you are doing some autocross or track events, there's other parts I would suggest in their place. But I can't and won't dog on the brands you have listed, because it gets into a "brand war" pissing match pretty quickly - even here, where "the clock" is all that really matters.

20140301_084055-S.jpg
DSC_6317-S.jpg

You need to ask yourself, honestly: do you want to Hard Park (left) or really push the suspension (right)

It really depends heavily on what you plan to do with the car. If its only "drive it to work and park it at car shows", then get the shiniest doo-dads you can find. Some people would just rather spend money on inappropriate or unnecessary parts than plan for their suspension for the intended use, maximizing their money spent on getting better lap times (aka: results). I get that "spending money on shiny parts" is fun for most of the Mustang aftermarket. Probably 98% of all suspension parts sold to "Mustang people" is for looks.

DSC_9256-M.jpg

As for wear items, that affects both racers and hard parkers alike - but a good bit less for the wax and polish crowd. Have you had the OEM parts checked to see if they are even worn? Things like the hubs, control arm ball joints/bushings, etc? Just throwing replacement parts at a 10 year old car might not be needed - its easy for a competent shop to check the wear and tear on these things.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Back