Replacing 2007 mustang shock absorbers and mount with 2011-14 shocks and mount

Bolt

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can replace my 2007 mustang shock absorbers with the ones used for 2011-14? I was told that if i change the mount it is possible. Wanted to make sure if anyone knows if it is really possible.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Yes you can mount any shock on there if you weld in the right mounts.

My amazing curiosity leads me to one question, WHY? For no reason can I see this as being beneficial or any other reason for doing this.

JC SSP

Reaction score
I didn’t change any rear shock mounts on my 05’ GT when I installed the GT500 rear track pack bilstein shocks. They bolted on with no issues.

AHaze

Reaction score

My amazing curiosity leads me to one question, WHY? For no reason can I see this as being beneficial or any other reason for doing this.
I'm guessing the OP is referring to the upper strut mounts. There are two S197 strut fitments '05-'10 (and all GT500 through at least 2012, not sure about the '13-'14) and '11-'14. The difference is at the top so if you put early upper strut mounts in a late car, you must then use early struts and vice versa.

Bolt

Reaction score

I was told that I have to change my shocks and the mounts so I checked for performance parts instead of factory and got it for a reasonable price. At the same time I asked a few people and they said that it lasts longer than the factory ones for the 2007 model.

Bolt

Reaction score
I didn’t change any rear shock mounts on my 05’ GT when I installed the GT500 rear track pack bilstein shocks. They bolted on with no issues.

I heard that the rear shocks are the same, in my case i am changing the front shocks.

Bolt

Reaction score
I'm guessing the OP is referring to the upper strut mounts. There are two S197 strut fitments '05-'10 (and all GT500 through at least 2012, not sure about the '13-'14) and '11-'14. The difference is at the top so if you put early upper strut mounts in a late car, you must then use early struts and vice versa.

Thank you for your response this really explains it.

07 Boss

Reaction score

Well that at least makes a bit of sense. He threw me off when he asked about shocks instead of struts.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd run the 05-10 struts personally. My 12 on 05-10 strange struts sat lower in the front than I do on 11-14 koni reds using the same spring. I think the 11-14 strut body is longer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back