Replacing LCA to reduce NVH

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I currently have CHE Poly LCA with relo brackets and I'm trying to reduce the NVH in my car.

Will switching to FRPP/GT500 or Whiteline with their special bushing be an improvement over the CHE as far as NVH goes?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, you get almost no NVH from LCAs unless you're using rod ends or the bushings are completely shot.

What UCA are you using?

2011/5.0

Reaction score
I had alot of nvh on my 08 with the j&m uca ,so when I got my 11 I went with the Rousch uca for lowered vehicles, no more nvh than stock. I would agree the uca effects nvh more

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I have their revised version and so far it's good.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
No, you get almost no NVH from LCAs unless you're using rod ends or the bushings are completely shot.

What UCA are you using?

Perhaps I'm misreading but are you saying that you end up with more NVH if you upgrade your sway bar end links along with LCA's ?

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm misreading but are you saying that you end up with more NVH if you upgrade your sway bar end links along with LCA's ?

No, he's stating that even with upgraded poly bushings in the LCAs, you still do not get much NVH from the LCAs UNLESS you have LCAs with rod ends (which utilize a spherical metal bushing).

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, he's stating that even with upgraded poly bushings in the LCAs, you still do not get much NVH from the LCAs UNLESS you have LCAs with rod ends (which utilize a spherical metal bushing).

This.

Also, I run rod-ended LCAs, and they don't contribute NEARLY as much NVH as my rod-ended UCA.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes. Although for the UCA, I'm running their "ultimate" unit (the one with the HUGE spherical bearing). It's a sweet piece, but it does add a significant amount of NVH. You get a bit of a "crash" over bumps, and a continuous white noise or "static" sound from the differential gears.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks for clarifying.. As I'm looking into upgrading to Steeda heavy duty end links, but am concerned with NVH from the poly bushings.. I also looked into aftermarket end links with rubber bushings, but can't seem to locate them anywhere.. Therefore I may have to settle for OEM replacements through Ford :shrug:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Poly bushings on end links won't do squat to increase NVH, as long as you install them correctly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back