Reprogram Auto Pcm or get manual Pcm and have Pats reprogrammed?

Shelbgt05

forum member
Reaction score
Still looking to swap my auto out for a manual.Only thing That mainly concerns me is the computers. Is it easier to get Someone to reprogram auto computer or just throw in a manual computer in and get pats reprogrammed? Who all out there can reprogram auto pcm to manual? I think someone told me before Lund may be able to but im not sure.Also what about the clutch safety switch?what do I need for the clutch safety ?

Thanks in Advanced guys!

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most guys that I've seen go from auto to manual use the auto ECU and just have their tuner turn off the auto paramaters. That way there is no need to reprogram the PATS system.

I would think any reputable tuner could handle it. I went the other way...I went from manual to auto so I had to use the auto computer.

RH

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Just have your tuner turn off the trans settings. That's what we did for my Lentech swap with a TCS controlling my trans.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
If you were closer to colorado you bring it over lol. I'd trade everything including ecm. Can't have my car down now cuz I have races every Friday till September.

VectorPat

forum member
Reaction score
I used my original ecu and had my tuner adapt it to manual. It took a few different tunes but works fine.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
id think just about any tuner, well with maybe the exception of bbr, should be able to handle it.

although i have no tuning experience i was always under the impression is was simply removing the trans point in the tune.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
id think just about any tuner, well with maybe the exception of bbr, should be able to handle it.

although i have no tuning experience i was always under the impression is was simply removing the trans point in the tune.
I used to deal with a guy everyone including I said was a good tuner and he couldn't do it on mine. Manuel (LITO) sent me a tune that fixed it on the first shot as far as the trans stuff went.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back