Reputable alignment shop

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
Just as the title states, I'm looking for a reputable and knowledgable alignment shop...preferably in the Hampton roads area. Not as concerned about cost if it is done right.

Anyone?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just make sure the shop you take it do does computerized alignments, that will be the most accurate and the computer does all the work so its tough to mess that up. I use firestone on my old stang and this one as well. I have free alignments for life at firestone its a great investment imho. An alignment job is normaly around $60-80 if you get the for life option the first one is $150 and then the rest are free for the life of the vehicle. So roughly after 2-3 alignments its already paid for itself. Ive had my car for almost 5 years and have gotten 4-5 alignments already. With the roads around here I would reccomend it at least once a year if not every 6 months for a daily driver anyway.

Last edited:

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
Just make sure the shop you take it do does computerized alignments, that will be the most accurate and the computer does all the work so its tought to mess that up. I use firestone on my old stang and this one as well. I have free alignments for life at firestone its a great investment imho. An alignment job is normaly around $60-80 if you get the for life option the first one is $150 and then the rest are free for the life of the vehicle. So roughly after 2-3 alignments its already paid for itself. Ive had my car for almost 5 years and have gotten 4-5 alignments already. With the roads around here I would reccomend it at least once a year if not every 6 months for a daily driver anyway.

That's a good point...however the one thing I've run into with Firestone is that not all shops are the same. Yeah it's hard to screw up computerized alignments, but I've seen it done in the past...especially when the dude doesn't know what he's doing to begin with....

I guess a better question to ask is, are there any shops to avoid?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Not much help for you, but there are three local Firestone stores to me and two of them are completely worthless. The third is one of the best shops in town with an excellent reputation. The big National brand sign out front doesn't guarantee any sort of competence within. Use other means of determining if they are reputable.

rayS197

Reaction score
Not much help for you, but there are three local Firestone stores to me and two of them are completely worthless. The third is one of the best shops in town with an excellent reputation. The big National brand sign out front doesn't guarantee any sort of competence within. Use other means of determining if they are reputable.

Another reason to support a little shop like Ricks Car Care.

rayS197

Reaction score
Just make sure the shop you take it do does computerized alignments, that will be the most accurate and the computer does all the work so its tought to mess that up. I use firestone on my old stang and this one as well. I have free alignments for life at firestone its a great investment imho. An alignment job is normaly around $60-80 if you get the for life option the first one is $150 and then the rest are free for the life of the vehicle. So roughly after 2-3 alignments its already paid for itself. Ive had my car for almost 5 years and have gotten 4-5 alignments already. With the roads around here I would reccomend it at least once a year if not every 6 months for a daily driver anyway.

I thought it was Greg who ran in the neighbors yard and goes 4 wheeling? WTF you doing Jeremy? :roflmao:
2004 F150 and 0 alignments.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a good point...however the one thing I've run into with Firestone is that not all shops are the same. Yeah it's hard to screw up computerized alignments, but I've seen it done in the past...especially when the dude doesn't know what he's doing to begin with....

I guess a better question to ask is, are there any shops to avoid?

Good point. The two firestones I have used are the one off indian river rd in va beach (excellent shop) and the one in chesapeake at hillcrest was a basicly new shop that I went to just recently. No issues.

Avoid treadquarters off indina river rd!....

I have heard nothing but good things about rick's as the others have mentioned.

If you do a google search for different stores/locations in the area there are often reviews online you can look up as well.

I thought it was Greg who ran in the neighbors yard and goes 4 wheeling? WTF you doing Jeremy? :roflmao:
2004 F150 and 0 alignments.

Thats the wierd thing about it you see cars go 50,000-100,000 miles without one and some get out of whack every 5,000 miles or so...
Most car/tire manufactures reccomend an alignment inspection every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.

With all the dips, railroads, potholes and all around junk roads here it makes it worse. The actual height of the wheel and suspension travel will effect it as well, not to mention aftermarket suspension/tires etc also takes a toll.

When I got new tires put on the corolla few weeks back it was already out of alignment, but I put around 10,000 miles on it since I got it.

Im gonna stick to once a year for the stang but start taking the corolla every 6 months since its a dd.

Btw my alignment felt and was way off after the upr k install... The tech said it was all outa whack lol.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure what we did different but it was bad, literally it felt like the car was going to fall over it pulled so hard to the side when I took the steering past 45 degrees in either direction. Was driving all slow to the shop lol.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure what we did different but it was bad, literally it felt like the car was going to fall over it pulled so hard to the side when I took the steering past 45 degrees in either direction. Was driving all slow to the shop lol.

Ought to be interesting to see how many does when it comes down off the stands!:omfg:

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
No, im using easy tether off my smart phone. I have my interim clerance, but still no CAC or NMCI account yet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back