Retro GT emblem

Mike in SC

Lactation Consultant
Reaction score
I previously posted images of my retro GT faux gas cap emblem overlay but the same guy did a matching steering wheel emblem for me. If interested, contact Roger at [email protected]. I believe that he can size for both 2005-2009 and 2010+.

GTsteeringwheel.jpg

Here's the Faux Gas cap emblem
GT002.jpg

If you decide to go this route I can give install do's and especially, don'ts

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
im so contacting that guy right now.

i emailed him about doing a set in yellow. so what are the do's and dont's Mike

Last edited:

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
im thinking he quoted me $16 for the steering wheel and $14 for the faux gas cap. i went ahead and ordered a set in yellow.

Mike in SC

Lactation Consultant
Reaction score
Install Do's & Dont's

The gas cap is a no-brainer, just follow the directions that are included.

The steering wheel is a different animal. here is an image of a deployed air bag.
3f_3.jpg

Notice the vertical seam and how the seam circles the left half of the emblem, that's important.

Here are two shots of the OEM emblem taken out. How this guy got them out in perfect shape is way past me. I don't think that you can get away without damaging it.
4373.jpg

Use the thinnest screw driver that you can get with a plastic trim tool to use as a fulcrum to start prying the OEM badge off on the RIGHT side. If you can get something with a hook (from Harbor Freight, etc.) that would help. PATIENCE is the biggest tool. Work your way _slowly_ around until you can get a flat pry tool under the right side and lift off the emblem. Avoid the left side because if you damage the half circle seam, it looks like shit and air bags are expensive. When you are done here's what you see.

Now disregard the prep instructions and get some rubbing alcohol. Do not use soapy water. Clean the mating surface and let dry thoroughly. Follow the directions from there and use a hair dryer (not too close). You know what the finished product looks like.

THE DON"Ts,

Do not be impatient, Do not be impatient, Do not be impatient, and do use alcohol instead of soapy water. Good Luck,
Mike

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back