road racing..

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
How about GT500 rear pads? I've only put street miles on mine so far, just curious how this $40 upgrade will work out..figured I'd run them until I use up the front pads at least.

Thinkkker

Reaction score
I do not know the pad difference, if there is any. I think the brakes are the same, but I do not know 100%. Were they stock takeoffs?

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Fronts were take-off's. The FRPP kits include the rear pads so I figure there's a reason for that (otherwise they'd leave them out and probably charge the same lol). I ran it for a couple weeks with the GT rear pads and I thought things felt less front biased..but other than my butt-decelerometer readings, I've got nothing to back that up..

Thinkkker

Reaction score
From my experience a "high-performance" rear pad will stay together. Not knowing the difference, sure? :)

If you go out, kill it off, let us know. Then we know you need better pads :D

Reaction score
Guarantee I didn't. Also, it has not been just mine. I instructed with SVT out at TWS in '05. They brought a 05 Mustang GT *one of the first ones then....* and burned through the rears. I went out with under 5000 miles and killed the rears on mine.

For some reason the car does not like stock pads, I am not sure what it is. Throw on some "race" pads and they last. I have not checked temps on the brakes when I came off, but the only thing I could come up with is that the temps in the rear just burned off pads. I have no tech to back this up. Just know that the stock rear pads died on track :thumb:.

Riddle me this..are you driving the course backwards?

Actually, I've had a similar result issue, but that was when I tried skimping on rear brakes and only putting on good pads up front. Had my rear brakes down to the backing pads in less than 173 miles..think I set a record.

Thinkkker

Reaction score
Riddle me this..are you driving the course backwards?

Actually, I've had a similar result issue, but that was when I tried skimping on rear brakes and only putting on good pads up front. Had my rear brakes down to the backing pads in less than 173 miles..think I set a record.

Only parts of it!

I think it has to do with the rear being auto adjustment calipers?
2514276101_24985467c8.jpg

The day in question, and yes it does appear to be lifting the inside wheel. Which I broke a endlink sometime after this too....:thud:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back