Rotors?

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
All the parts stores had their tool rented out so I had to settle with what I could find with less then 12 hours before the track day. But yes, it's a piece of crap. It may be because the spring/e-brake cabling is so frozen that's causing it to be a PITA. Takes 10 times to do the same job because the tool keeps slipping out of the notches without the dummy pad there creating pressure from the outside of the caliper.

Sometimes it helps to loosen the bleeder screw. The rear calipers are NOT one of Ford's better designs. I fought with those damn things for over a decade on my SHOs.

Dave

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
GT Front: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?ModelID=5&CategoryID=196&PartID=486

All Rear: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=487&CategoryID=196&ModelID=5

$69 each so more than take off's, but then they whack you on shipping, and you don't get a coated (no rust on the hat/edges) rotor that has ATE (a division of Continental/Teves) behind them. :)

These are nice street, light track use rotors. I also have a lot of other options too from inexpensive blanks (best for daily drivers) to DBA 5000's. :)

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
For stock GT Brakes: Factory blanks from newtakeoff.com
For GT500 brakes: Centric blanks from Late Model Restoration

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you need something to physically turn the piston back in. I bought this "cube" that goes on the end of a 3/8 extention that has different piston notches on each side, but it sucks ass. Go to your local parts store and ask for a rear caliper tool that turns the piston back in. That kit is much, much better.

Is what they mean when they say that you need to "clock" the caliper?

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
The piston on the rear caliper has a couple of notches in it's face, and these need to be "clocked" to 12:00 and 6:00. The rear pads have a couple of "nubs" sticking out that ride in these slots, keeping the piston from rotating, which allows the parking brake adjuster to function... It'll be pretty obvious when it's sitting in front of you, but those are also the way you get the piston to rotate back in while you compress the piston.

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. I'll be putting new pads in next month and I want to do it right.

Stangmeister9

The Member
Reaction score
figured since i started this thread i can continue it with my recent purchase.

Swapped the hawk hp+'s and oem rotors....which were really showing sign of wear with...

P1010823.jpg

P1010822.jpg

some Power slot rotors, will see how they hold up.

P1010828-1.jpg

Stangmeister9

The Member
Reaction score
got them from AutoAnything and got them for $207 shipped with an online coupon that was good for 15% off and free shipping.

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, they got a good deal for the rears. But Im gonna need the fronts in 14"s to fit the GT500 BBK! Where can I find them?

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, they got a good deal for the rears. But Im gonna need the fronts in 14"s to fit the GT500 BBK! Where can I find them?

Centric sell rotors for GT500s. I bought mine from Zeckhausen Racing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back