Rotors

STANMAN

forum member
Reaction score
Would like some 18" drilled/slotted rotors, with the hub painted red if possible (lots of places offer it), anyone have any luck with a specific distributer? I have had my set for 5 years and they are starting to squeak when braking (changed all the pads, and it's a rotational squeak). Thanks for any input!

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Congradulations OP, you are now famous for having just made the official "Tech Thread of the Day"...

1) Mods will move this cause it is not Tech.

2) I got replacement slotted and drilled rotors off of ebay cheap and they have yet to rust, they look good, and do their job. If you are looking for something for track use, then you will definatetly want to go with a higher caliber brake kit.

picture.php

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
he obviously made a typo............ LULZ..... moved to chat

STANMAN

forum member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Posting at work, checking over your shoulder for you boss may not be such a good idea, lol. And I am not editing my original post, it's just to classic!

I wish I had a pic of a Camaro that roams around these parts, it makes that Stang look like a lowrider.

Last edited by a moderator:

bolivianpimp

Reaction score
How much did you pay? Do you remember the vendor name?

Congradulations OP, you are now famous for having just made the official "Tech Thread of the Day"...

1) Mods will move this cause it is not Tech.

2) I got replacement slotted and drilled rotors off of ebay cheap and they have yet to rust, they look good, and do their job. If you are looking for something for track use, then you will definatetly want to go with a higher caliber brake kit.

picture.php

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Reason: merge consecutive posting - learn to edit & the multi quote

lmao

How much did you pay? Do you remember the vendor name?

brakelabs, I dont think I paid more than $250-$300 for the fronts and rears. I've had them for a couple years and they still look great. Them paired up with the HP pads make my car stop on a dime and give you seven cents change.

Sorry Dave, didnt see the next post as I was responding to the other...

Last edited by a moderator:

Turbolvr321

Reaction score
brakelabs, I dont think I paid more than $250-$300 for the fronts and rears. I've had them for a couple years and they still look great. Them paired up with the HP pads make my car stop on a dime and give you seven cents change.

They are on ebay for 189 I believe, fronts and rears.

bolivianpimp

Reaction score

Thanks man i just sent them a message to see if they could combine with Hawk pads. I think i've found the rotor vendor i want, now i am trying to figure out if slotted only or slotted/drilled. :rant:

They are on ebay for 189 I believe, fronts and rears.

:thumb: yeah just found them for that price!! Seems pretty cheap compared to other quotes of 400+ from some places. Ill be ordering them ASAP, my brakes are already going bad and i dont think it would be safe going to the track with not so good brakes.

Turbolvr321

Reaction score
:thumb: yeah just found them for that price!! Seems pretty cheap compared to other quotes of 400+ from some places. Ill be ordering them ASAP, my brakes are already going bad and i dont think it would be safe going to the track with not so good brakes.
I am waiting on tax return. Then I will most likely get a set. Now that I have the GT500 wheels on my car, my brakes look absolutely horrible.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
yall do a little research on the company you buy them from first. There are a few people on here that bought from "company A" that basically had the exact same thing on ebay and after a year, they are a rusted pile of shit. But in all honesty, the Brakelabs ones I got still look really good after 2 years. I think the price difference was for zinc coating or something like that. I got the ones with the coating. I think they were a smidge higher cause of that, but obviously it is worth it.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rotorpros is another option. They just quoted me $300 front and rear with performance low dust pads, whatever those are, and $30 discount if I order today. May do it as I haven't seen any bad comments on these rotors.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back