roush front bumper license

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
mustangflanagan,

You can call (or send an e-mail message to) Craig at Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets. No screw holes in the bumper, just a nice sandwich clamp on the bottom section of the bumper.

ccmustangbrackets.com is his site.

HTH,

Chris

AnotherS197

forum member
Reaction score
Some people here have picked up some really high powered magnets online. They mount one part of the magnet on the inside of the bumper and the other secured on the backside of the license plate with some foam in between.

Just an idea.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
For the longest time I had mine held on with two three inch strips of Velcro. You can bend the plate to match the bumper. I ran it to 130+ several times and never had an issue. Down side is no trim, just the plate. I don't have it on at all now though. I just Carry it next to the pass seat and tell the officer I am working on the paint since there is a spot right there where I burnt through the clear while buffing it. Ive only had it happen once though.

ROUSH06GA

forum member
Reaction score
get the removal tag from American muscle, I just went thru this cause I moved to va recently. I never did drill any holes for the bumper and installed it under front chin spoiler. Pm me you number and I will text you some pics.

Last edited:

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
get the removal tag from American muscle, I just went thru this cause I moved to va recently. I never did drill any holes for the bumper and installed it under front chin spoiler. Pm me you number and I will text you some pics.

Damn thing is supposedly not compatible with roush body kits

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
mustangflanagan,

Craig's bracket is adjustable, front to back, so it can be long enough to sit in front of the "point". The bracket puts the plate in almost the same location as it would be if you drilled the two holes on the factory bumper.

I'll try to snap some pics for you. It will be my tech challenge of the day, lol.

Chris

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
mustangflanagan:

Better late than never!

Here are some pics that show the bracket in (normal), pulled out (1" further out than normal), and a side view in the normal position. Bumper is a 2012 and it has a slight point to it. Don't know how it compares to the Roush bumper.

Chris

Attachments

• 12MGT top, in.JPG
    12MGT top, in.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 12MGT top, out.JPG
    12MGT top, out.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 12MGT side view.JPG
    12MGT side view.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 8

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
mustangflanagan,

Ruh-roh. Had the same issue with my old car ('98 GT) so I feel your pain.

"Not supported" or "Not ready" issues? 'Not ready' can be cured with a full driving cycle. The evap system has particular ambient conditions so it takes a long time to pass the "I'm OK" test. I can tell you that the 'not supported' issue is definitely tune related (said Capt. Obvious). Some tunes turn off or reduce the monitoring frequency to let the computer do more important things (like keeping track of things at high RPM) and this often results in a 'not supported' report during the plug-in test. Your tuner should be aware of this and probably has a work-around.

GL with getting the emissions test fixed. FWIW, you may want to start a new thread so more people will take a look (everybody is interested in passing the emissions test and learning what had/has to be done to do it).

Chris

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
mustangflanagan,

Ruh-roh. Had the same issue with my old car ('98 GT) so I feel your pain.

"Not supported" or "Not ready" issues? 'Not ready' can be cured with a full driving cycle. The evap system has particular ambient conditions so it takes a long time to pass the "I'm OK" test. I can tell you that the 'not supported' issue is definitely tune related (said Capt. Obvious). Some tunes turn off or reduce the monitoring frequency to let the computer do more important things (like keeping track of things at high RPM) and this often results in a 'not supported' report during the plug-in test. Your tuner should be aware of this and probably has a work-around.

GL with getting the emissions test fixed. FWIW, you may want to start a new thread so more people will take a look (everybody is interested in passing the emissions test and learning what had/has to be done to do it).

Chris

If its tune related i am gonna be pissed anyone worth a damn tuning should no this smh

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back