RPM v. MPH Excel 'sheet

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
It looks ok. Most of the MPH formula is "absolute" references so that data should stay fixed when called for if it was simply copied to the other cells.

What, no reverse MPH? :/

Cosmetically,

A2-C2 should be Merged & Centered
I2-K2 should be Merged & Centered
T2-V2 should be Merged & Centered

This allows you to have one heading centered above each section without having to type in more than one cell.

The labels below the Transmission heading Width, Profile, etc. you can just highlight each group and do a "Merge Across." This helps it retain the right alignment, and each row is merged for 2 columns.

14654275137_78911ff281_b.jpg

Last edited:

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
Boaisy: Thank you for your help. I'm better educated, noe.

BruceH: Thank you for the link; it's a new one for me. It didn't occur to me to look beyond what I had in hand.

Again, thanks.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I think any spreadsheet that computes speeds in gears should be able to either use the "revs per mile" for whatever tire size (available at Tire Rack and other sites) or include a correction factor for tire tread compression effects if the sheet calculates from the tire nominal size. Typically this correction yields speeds ~3% lower than the speeds that every calculator I've ever seen (except one) predicts. Once in a while the 3% matters.

I've been picking away at this for a while and have a sheet that has a lookup function so you don't have to manually type the actual gear ratios for many transmissions (72 different ones at last count). I may change the correction factor to become a user input, haven't decided for sure yet.

Here's a screenshot of a comparison I did a while ago. There is actually room to compare four different situations, I just snipped out the two blocks of speeds in gears that I wasn't using.

norm-peterson-albums-stuff-picture11006-1le-vs-5-0-track-pack.jpg

Norm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back