RPMS Jumping at start!

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
OK I know all about cold starts and this does not seem right because it only has been happening for the past month for some reason. When I start my car up now for the first time during the day the car quickly jumps to 3k RPM and stays there for well over a minute, it worries me because i had a code pop up relating to my o2 sensor but I cleared it to see if it would pop up again. It has been well over a month since I cleared the code but I am wondering If Im running to rich or to lean??

I would like to know if this is normal and if not what can I do to troubleshot this very high cold start?

Shades

Reaction score
Check to make sure your intake isn't loose, and make sure everything else is tight as well..

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Check to make sure your intake isn't loose, and make sure everything else is tight as well..
As in my cold air intake? I got the Ford Racing Intake manifold as well but I will check both just to make sure.

Thanks.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
OK I just checked and I think you were right about the intake because my clamp wasn't even tightened. So i started it again and you can hear the CAI sucking in air I guess because the air was escaping from where the clamp wasn't tightened down. Then after tightening it I started it up and it all sounds normal again so thank you.

Rep for you!

Dave

forum member
Reaction score
It'll probably cone loose again keep an eye on it. Alot of guys are using set screws on the clamps to stop this.

Shades

Reaction score
No prob, get some T-band clamps or this WILL happen again.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back