Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
Check out Cervini's website.

Like this one?

yhst-131964867535317_2457_504530224.jpg

Well not really. That looks more like the Boss 429 scoop. The Mach 1 was a tad lower and the front corners extended out on the hood a couple inches or so.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I still want these retro headlights:

20140203181748_1522.jpg

I'd love to find a replacement billet grill (not an overlay) that retains the fog lights but deletes the pony. Then I can add a tri-bar to the center of the grille.

As for the topic of this thread, I think the 05-09 incorporates the best features of the 1st gen models (the 65/66 from the side, the 69/70 from the front and the interior). My only gripe with my 05 was the 281. I resolved that one though! :)

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I still want these retro headlights:

20140203181748_1522.jpg

I'd love to find a replacement billet grill (not an overlay) that retains the fog lights but deletes the pony. Then I can add a tri-bar to the center of the grille.

As for the topic of this thread, I think the 05-09 incorporates the best features of the 1st gen models (the 65/66 from the side, the 69/70 from the front and the interior). My only gripe with my 05 was the 281. I resolved that one though! :)

Totally agree with everything you posted, except for the interior.. The dash pad on the 05-14's weren't dual cowls as were the 69/70, but rather more like 67/68, especially the instrument cluster/gauges.. Other than that IMHO your 100% spot on :waytogo:

Last edited:

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. The 05-09 dash styling matches more to the 67/68. I was off on the 69/70 interior comment. I was thinking in line of the more aggressive interior styling and seats.

The 1969 was the first interior I saw and thought "wow!". The exterior styling is so aggressive on the sportsroof.

With all that being said, as much as I'd love a 68 or 69, maybe the S197 generation IS the best, most quintessential "Mustang"?! No wonder I wrestle with the idea of trading my baby in.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. The 05-09 dash styling matches more to the 67/68. I was off on the 69/70 interior comment. I was thinking in line of the more aggressive interior styling and seats.

The 1969 was the first interior I saw and thought "wow!". The exterior styling is so aggressive on the sportsroof.

With all that being said, as much as I'd love a 68 or 69, maybe the S197 generation IS the best, most quintessential "Mustang"?! No wonder I wrestle with the idea of trading my baby in.

I'm most definitely on board with you, and as much as I'd love to add a 65-70 fastback.. I would never give up my S197.. As they offer the best of both worlds by offering classic retro styling of the 1st generation cars together with modern drive train technology from 2005 and up :waytogo:

darrens07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ok Darren ! I tried my very best to provide you with an explanation and despite my best efforts, you still continue to accuse me with your accusations..

Therefore we are now done here.. So you go right ahead and think whatever you want, as I'm done being put on the defensive by you..

As 5 other people who posted here in just the past 24 hours all have the very same opinion as I do, but have you confronted any of them and accused them of being wrong ? Well I wonder why that is.. Because you know full well they're not going to take any of your shit from you.. That's why !

That being said, I will not respond to any further posts from you.. As I'm no longer going to defend my actions, as I personally really don't care one way or the other as to what you choose or not choose to believe any longer..

I never asked you to defend anything. I have been very fair and very polite with you throughout this entire dialog. You are entitled to all your opinions on which cars you think the s197 looks like just as I am entitled to my opinions on which cars I think the s197 looks like.

I'm still maintaining that in my opinion the 2005-2009 Mustang reminds me of the 1969 Mach one. But like I said before, you can look at any Mustang from 1965 to 1970 and find something on each of them that you can say reminds you of the s197. I think that was exactly what Ford had in mind when they designed it.

You have a good night,

Darren

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I'm still maintaining that in my opinion the 2005-2009 Mustang reminds me of the 1969 Mach one. But like I said before, you can look at any Mustang from 1965 to 1970 and find something on each of them that you can say reminds you of the s197. I think that was exactly what Ford had in mind when they designed it.

We all probably associate the S197 features with our favorite Mustangs. 66/68/69 - I love 'em all!

One point to consider, no matter what we do to our S197's, they'll never be the 1st Gen cars we all love. They certainly embrace retro styling and combine that with modern technology.

I think we all agree, Mustangs rock!!!

I'm most definitely on board with you, and as much as I'd love to add a 65-70 fastback.. I would never give up my S197.. As they offer the best of both worlds by offering classic retro styling of the 1st generation cars together with modern drive train technology from 2005 and up :waytogo:

I love this logic! I still wrestle in my mind between my 05 (and pushing the HP to 700+) or just cruising in a 69 with a 351. Easy solution, I just need a larger garage for my 05 (for racing) and a 69 (for cruising). Problem solved! :waytogo:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
We all probably associate the S197 features with our favorite Mustangs. 66/68/69 - I love 'em all!

One point to consider, no matter what we do to our S197's, they'll never be the 1st Gen cars we all love. They certainly embrace retro styling and combine that with modern technology.

I think we all agree, Mustangs rock!!!

I love this logic! I still wrestle in my mind between my 05 (and pushing the HP to 700+) or just cruising in a 69 with a 351. Easy solution, I just need a larger garage for my 05 (for racing) and a 69 (for cruising). Problem solved!

They may not be the 1st gen cars we all grew up to love, but there as close to them as your going to get :waytogo:

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
LOL Yeah, right? I love the S197s, and my personal favs are the 05-09 years.

Same here ! Before I ordered my first S197 back in Oct of 2004, I previously owned 3 Fox body Mustangs in which my last was a 93 SVT Cobra.. Needless to say, I was so blown away by the S197 that I traded in my 93 Cobra for that first S197 which was a 2005 GT, then upgraded to my current 06 GT which I intend to hold onto indefinitely lol.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
So, just an example: a friend of mine currently owns a 2017 GT, a 1965 fastback and has owned some foxbodies. He loves the S550 with all the modern conveniences but he absolutely loves his 65. He's upgrading the 65 in a few ways but I'm sure he won't beat on it. He's also getting a blower on his 17 right now, and he will surely be bringing that one to the track. I'm so torn between the classic and modern vehicles, but I suppose the S197 fits both desires. Especially when the motor is built and even better, blown!

I'm back to needing a bigger garage! I wish Jay Leno or Tim Allen would adopt me! LOL

FloStang

forum member
Reaction score

ABSO FREAK'N LOUTLEY !!!!:party52:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
So, just an example: a friend of mine currently owns a 2017 GT, a 1965 fastback and has owned some foxbodies. He loves the S550 with all the modern conveniences but he absolutely loves his 65. He's upgrading the 65 in a few ways but I'm sure he won't beat on it. He's also getting a blower on his 17 right now, and he will surely be bringing that one to the track. I'm so torn between the classic and modern vehicles, but I suppose the S197 fits both desires. Especially when the motor is built and even better, blown!

I'm back to needing a bigger garage! I wish Jay Leno or Tim Allen would adopt me! LOL

Yeah ! I wish they'd adopt me too lol. Anyhow if your so torn about trading in your 05 ? That's pretty much your conscience telling you not to do it, as your S197 fits both your classic and modern desires just fine :waytogo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back