S/C oil change

Mickey

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Saleen(MJ) stageVI s/c with 55,000 miles on it. How do I change the oil in it and what do I use to replace the oil? Actually they (Saleen) told me I did not have to change the oil in the stage VI when they installed it. However I was on the Saleen forum and found out the oil should be changed every 50,000 miles. What are your thoughts?

PS.
Only running 4.5lbs of boost.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
there is a gold allen head plug on the front of the supercharger located on the nose cone. It is almost impossible to reach with out removing the intake track and water cross over tube. You can suck it out with a syring tool or pull the blower off and just remove the nose cone and let all the oil drain out like that. Then you want to fill it with 50 weight straight synthetic oil. The oil is usually good for 100K miles. If you want you can send the blower into saleen and they will send you a new head unit that is fully rebuilt but it costs around $2200. Or PSE superchargers will rebuild yours for $850.

Mickey

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry Jim, it ain't broke. All I am trying to do is find out how to change the oil in it. Sounds like a pain in the butt!
Since you brought it up if I did have a problem with it who would I go to? Your too far away. Does Saleen still have a shop in Detroit? Is it MJ now?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry Jim, it ain't broke. All I am trying to do is find out how to change the oil in it. Sounds like a pain in the butt!
Since you brought it up if I did have a problem with it who would I go to? Your too far away. Does Saleen still have a shop in Detroit? Is it MJ now?

I understand but if you ever had concerns about the blower id probably send it to PSE Superchargers. Saleen/MJ does have a facility in Troy MI

gtxpro2

forum member
Reaction score
oi change

pse states to use 50wt red line synthetic or mobil one synthentic.....

Last edited:

Mickey

forum member
Reaction score
Saleen said to use ESE-M-99C115-A which is Ford synthetic oil for S/C's.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I understand but if you ever had concerns about the blower id probably send it to PSE Superchargers. Saleen/MJ does have a facility in Troy MI

Yes I know I am bringing back this thread from the grave.
Jim, I know that the Saleen makes the coffee grinder sound but tonight I started it and it was much louder then it had been in the past. Is this a sign that I may have lost oil or something worse?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got masks I'm using for painting my friends car so that is covered. I'm worried about the S/C being hurt.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes I know I am bringing back this thread from the grave.
Jim, I know that the Saleen makes the coffee grinder sound but tonight I started it and it was much louder then it had been in the past. Is this a sign that I may have lost oil or something worse?

Sometimes the clearances in the gear sets are off in these blowers and it can make that noise. PSE superchargers has rebuilt 3 blowers for us and they find this everytime. Id give them a call about it. I doubt you've lost that much fluid but these blowers do seap a small amount out sometimes. Thats why they recommend 50K. The oil could go well over 100K in a completly sealed enviroment.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim. It is just odd, I would say the sound is about 3x louder then it has been. The car sat for a week and a half.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back