S197 coyote swap

BumblebeeGT

Reaction score
Hey guys, so the motor in my s197 recently threw a cam phaser code so i took it to the shop, and they said a few of the cylinders were filled with oil and some of the spark plugs got broken off into the block (im guessing the piston slapped them) and now it needs a whole new motor. So im really thinking of swappi g a coyote into it. Does anyone on here have any experience doing the coyote swap in a s197? Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Search mo fo, search....

Moved as well

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so the motor in my s197 recently threw a cam phaser code so i took it to the shop, and they said a few of the cylinders were filled with oil and some of the spark plugs got broken off into the block (im guessing the piston slapped them) and now it needs a whole new motor. So im really thinking of swappi g a coyote into it. Does anyone on here have any experience doing the coyote swap in a s197? Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

The wiring is the hardest. Hardware wise, I just bought parts for a 2013 GT, (fuel line, condenser, etc) and its all direct bolt in. How are you plan on dealing with PATS? The "easy way" out is to use the coyote control pack from ford. <<< This will NOT be emissions legal.

I spliced the 2007 harness to the 2013 PCM, and I'm using a new stock PCM from ford. (not the control pack) Only because I need to pass smog test yearly.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back