saleen front anti-sway bar and ford racing rear bar?

shikwann

forum member
Reaction score
Ive found a deal on this set up (saleen 35MM), does anyone know how well this would work together with the Ford Racing rear anti-sway bar?

shikwann

forum member
Reaction score
So as far as they may be tuned, for stiffness etc they should work together? Yeah, they're the same size as the FRPP front sway bar too.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
It'll work. But the Saleen front bar is not adjustable where the other 35mm bars all pretty much are (well, not Roush either).

You'll get a decently balanced, but HEAVY set of bars (they are also both solid) where you could save about 20+ pounds and get 3 way adjustable bars @ both ends if you were to run bars like the ones I have/make which are hollow as well as both adjustable. Basically it's like getting 3 different front and 3 different rear bars in one set (since you can change the setting on each individually).

Again, the basic setup isn't bad--if you are getting it really cheap to make the bang for the buck better, but you can do better IMHO, even if it's not with my bars but say Eibach or Steeda (at least those both have adjustable/hollow fronts like mine, but solid non-adjustable rears).

shikwann

forum member
Reaction score
It'll work. But the Saleen front bar is not adjustable where the other 35mm bars all pretty much are (well, not Roush either).

You'll get a decently balanced, but HEAVY set of bars (they are also both solid) where you could save about 20+ pounds and get 3 way adjustable bars @ both ends if you were to run bars like the ones I have/make which are hollow as well as both adjustable. Basically it's like getting 3 different front and 3 different rear bars in one set (since you can change the setting on each individually).

Again, the basic setup isn't bad--if you are getting it really cheap to make the bang for the buck better, but you can do better IMHO, even if it's not with my bars but say Eibach or Steeda (at least those both have adjustable/hollow fronts like mine, but solid non-adjustable rears).
Thanks a lot Sam! I really appreciate your advise. For autocross, what adjustments have you made to the front and rear sway bars? I might be in the market for anit-sway bars in the near future, I'll send you a message when I'm ready.
Also I placed a traction kit from your website, can you give me a status update on that?
thanks!

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't seen an order for any Traction packs. Are you sure you submitted it (some folks forget the last step). You'd have gotten an automated response if it went through. PM me or better yet, call me about that.

As for the bars: I started with the basic sizing I feel works best for balance--then I made them both hollow and added adjustment to both bars to allow for individual dialing in based on personal preference, other parts, tires, wheel size, etc. I just build in flexibility and kept the weight down by not using solid bars. I also made the rear to work with Watts links (and PHB's too) should you go that way. I'm not sure specifically what you are asking, I've run the bars at various settings depending on what springs are in use, the surface so on and so forth. This is exactly why the bars are adjustable.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back