San Francisco residents...

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
your not missing much... most of it is just a buch of rude, stick loving libs.. you can run to the closest democratic convention for that. heheh

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Have managed to find and book another apartment, so all is now good!While in Santa Barbara I will be stopping at the local Ford dealer and pick up a few parts, the main one being rear park brake cables as buying them here across the pond works out at approx $320!

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Helicopter flights over and into the Grand Canyon all booked :)

Any car shows in or around Santa Barbara between 17-20 September?

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
I've been to SF a few times now and can offer this "Canadian" perspective.

- Parking is very, very expensive. Keep that in mind if you are driving or renting a car.

- Use Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels etc to find the best deals.

- We road a antique fire truck over the Golden Gate bridge and it was a surprisingly great time http://www.fireenginetours.com/

- There is a really cool blues bar right by Fishermans Wharf. Cannot remember the name but if you are interested in that sort of thing I can find out the name easy enough.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Very sweet...

We booked up a apartment for the 20-27 and plan on using public tranportation the entire time we are there. We do have a family member close by to help us get around to a few of the things we want to do outside the city.

Thought about renting a car. But just dont think it is worth it to be honest. Everything looks to be with in reach of Bart or Muni from what we see.

Night tour Alcatraz
Griant's Game
Red and White Fleet Tour
Pinball Museum
Winchester House

just to name a few things we have planned so far....

I'

- We road a antique fire truck over the Golden Gate bridge and it was a surprisingly great time http://www.fireenginetours.com/

Pretty cool... just sent it to the wife...

Last edited:

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
I've been to SF a few times now and can offer this "Canadian" perspective.

- Parking is very, very expensive. Keep that in mind if you are driving or renting a car.

- Use Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels etc to find the best deals.

- There is a really cool blues bar right by Fishermans Wharf. Cannot remember the name but if you are interested in that sort of thing I can find out the name easy enough.

Thanks, we are returning the rental car as soon as we arrive in San Francisco.

Very sweet...

We booked up a apartment for the 20-27 and plan on using public tranportation the entire time we are there. We do have a family member close by to help us get around to a few of the things we want to do outside the city.

Thought about renting a car. But just dont think it is worth it to be honest. Everything looks to be with in reach of Bart or Muni from what we see.

Night tour Alcatraz
Griant's Game
Red and White Fleet Tour
Pinball Museum
Winchester House

just to name a few things we have planned so far....

Pretty cool... just sent it to the wife...

We are also just going to be using public transport, we have an apartment in Nob Hill from 21-26 with our Alcatraz night tour booked for 23 or 24 I think.

Can we borrow your family member aswel? :lol2:

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Hi all, not been online in a while so thought I would give an update on our vacation.
We flew first class with Virgin Atlantic which got the trip off to a fantastic start (11 and half hours in economy wasn't an option!), on arrival at LAX we got on a bus to take us to the Hertz depot where the fun started with "sorry sir the Mustang convertible we confirmed for you is not available, we can offer you a Volvo!", not a chance give me a Camaro! none of those available so we ended up with a V8 GT premium :highfive:

We prepaid for a tank of gas to make it easier when dropping the car back in San Francisco, thanks to satnav and the on board computer we dropped the car back showing 20miles to empty :D
We drove 1400 miles in 9 days costing $162 :O I wish motoring was that cheap here in England :(
My partner enjoyed drivng the car but the downside is she now feels comfortable driving my Saleen over here, we spent the first 2 nights in Santa Monica before heading off for a couple of nights in Vegas, from there we stopped over in Palm Springs before heading back across to Malibu before stopping for 3 nights in Santa Barbara, from here it was up PCH1 to San Franisco stopping for a night en route in Monterey. A fantastic vacation beautiful scenery and met some very nice and friendly people.

upload foto

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
We're planning on going to San Francisco early February. Glad I found this thread. Probably going to head out on a Friday afternoon and come back Sunday afternoon

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Seems like ages ago that we was in California, missing the weather as it has been very cold, very wet and also where we live we had 100mm of snow with other parts of the country having 2 or 3 times as much!
Back to Florida next year as girlfriend hasn't been.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
We're planning on going to San Francisco early February. Glad I found this thread. Probably going to head out on a Friday afternoon and come back Sunday afternoon

There's a split off the 5 onto the 152 near the San Luis Reservoir that goes through Gilroy (GARLIC LAND :clap:) which takes you through a mountain road area and then into SF northbound through the Peninsula. Not counting rush hour or being stuck behind a slow truck through Gilroy, the time into SF is about the same as taking the Bay Bridge (but you don't pay the toll). If weather sucks, take the Bay Bridge into the city, the small road gets foggy as hell and it's terrifying to drive through. If you get in during the day and it's sunny, the drive on the 152 through Gilroy is really nice (unless you hate garlic, it smells like garlic around there).

For the picturesque "woah look at that city" entry, definitely take the Bay Bridge though.

If you like scenic drives and a full view of the entire peninsula, here's a good route--just make sure it's nice and clear, otherwise it'll just be foggy:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...FcwxQQIdEWey-A;FX8hQQIdsUqy-A&mra=pr&t=m&z=14

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back