SCT X3 Power Flash Issue Need Help ASAP

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Went to the dyno the other day and found my car to be running lean. Contacted AM and ordered a new tune to fix it, well I have the tunes and following the directions on SCT's site I downloaded the driver and the program. Tried running the Automatic Update and at first it failed, finally got it to where I could download the latest update. Well it crapped out part way through the update and I had to start it over. Thats where I think my problem started, it now just shows a blue screen. I have tried to reset it and nothing, can't even get it to do anything now. I need help ASAP, their site isn't answering my questions, there online tech chat isn't available and they haven't emailed me back.

Thanks.

RDK

forum member
Reaction score
Try to hit up BAMA (AM) it is their tune.. hopefully they can help you out.. I had something like that happen on a Edge tuner/ Diesel truck..

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Yeh I've looked through the manual for it on their site and it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. Gonna contact them directly and see if I can get some answers, I need it tonight I can even put my old tunes back on my car.

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Still need some help, tried contacting SCT and nothing.

It won't recognize that I have connected my device. Every time I connect it and try to run the auto update it says Unable to Unlock programmer.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you return your car to stock before you decided to update the device software??

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
OK I have been trying to find something on that, tried resetting it like the site said by holding down the cancel button while plugging it in but still nothing.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yea go to that thread it's a different process to actually format it, fixed my x3 twice with that.

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Thanks thats exactly what I needed but step 5 still isn't working. Still just leaves a blue screen on it.

Its like its stuck in Firmware Mode.

Last edited:

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Just spent the last hour and 45 minutes on the phone with SCT, finally got my tuner issue resolved. Turns out it was just this crappy laptop I am posting on right now. It couldn't handle it I guess. Anyways all good now and the new tune is in my car. Thanks for that link its definitely something good to know for future reference.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back