Seat belt chassis mounting assembly orientation?

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm this is correct orientation of the spacer, bolt, washer. I'm pretty sure it is. Want to be positive before I tighten it down. I Should have snapped a photo before I took it out. Idiot

3686a0b23f55681c298b518c74e7eb15.jpg

travelers

Reaction score
The maintenance manual doesn't show how that is but looks correct to me. Did you take both sides apart?

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
The maintenance manual doesn't show how that is but looks correct to me. Did you take both sides apart?

Yeah. The driver side is a bit different. It doesn't have that cord or plastic housing. Brass or something wider headed bolt. Smaller spacer. That's why I ask.

Do you know what that cord is for? It's only on passenger side.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) electrical connector

How come the driver side don't have one down there. I'm just trying to figure out what it's sensing down there where the belt fastens to the floor. All it does is just swivel around.

travelers

Reaction score
This is what I could find in my dvd manual for the '11. I hope this helps

Safety Belt Retractors
The safety belt retractors consist of the following features:
  • Safety belt pretensioner (front only)
  • Dual locking mode
    • Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)
    • Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) (all except driver seat)
  • Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) (front passenger safety belt retractor only)
Safety Belt Retractor and Pretensioner
The pretensioner is a pyrotechnic device that deploys when activated by the Restraints Control Module (RCM) to remove excess safety belt webbing from the shoulder and lap safety belt in the event of an impact. If a deployment of the safety belt retractor and pretensioners occurs, a new assembly must be installed. Refer to Safety Belt Retractor and Pretensioner in this section.
Each front safety belt shoulder guide includes a 2-position safety belt presenter arm (coupe only) that rotates rearward to allow for occupant rear seat access (stowed position) and forward for front seat occupant use (worn position).
For safety belt retractor and pretensioner diagnostic and disposal information, refer to Section 501-20B .
Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)

Every safety belt retractor is a 3-point restraint with the ELR feature. The safety belt retractor is designed to allow the occupant freedom of movement in normal operation. The ELR is a vehicle sensitive feature designed to activate and lock the safety belt webbing when braking hard, cornering hard or in an impact of approximately 8 km/h (5 mph). The ELR feature helps to reduce the forward movement of the driver and passengers. Refer to the appropriate Functional Test procedure in Safety Belt System in this section.
Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR)

The ALR feature does not allow freedom of movement. The ALR mode is used when locking a child seat in an outboard seating position or when a tight belt fit is desired. The ALR mode is automatically activated when the safety belt webbing is fully extracted from the retractor and then allowed to retract. As the safety belt webbing is retracted back onto the spool, an audible clicking sound is made indicating the safety belt retractor is in ALR mode and the safety belt webbing will not pull back out of the safety belt retractor. To disengage the ALR mode, allow the safety belt webbing to fully retract back onto the spool. The ALR mode is disengaged when the webbing is free to extract and retract back into the retractor. Refer to the appropriate Functional Test procedure in Safety Belt System in this section.
Belt Tension Sensor (BTS)

The safety BTS is part of the passenger front outboard safety belt and retractor assembly and is not serviced separately. The safety BTS is located at the safety belt anchor point and operates as part of the Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) system on the front passenger seat. To diagnose the BTS or OCS system, refer to Section 501-20B .

05_on_94

Reaction score
Can someone confirm this is correct orientation of the spacer, bolt, washer. I'm pretty sure it is. Want to be positive before I tighten it down. I Should have snapped a photo before I took it out. Idiot

3686a0b23f55681c298b518c74e7eb15.jpg
05 workshop manuel.
aa813f4453d4fd1fcbb2e861b10706f2.jpg
8f21a7d7a070cc1dc25622293daeb53b.jpg
3bec3e21254ac4a87b135719625db86e.jpg

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
This is what I could find in my dvd manual for the '11. I hope this helps

Safety Belt Retractors
The safety belt retractors consist of the following features:
  • Safety belt pretensioner (front only)
  • Dual locking mode
    • Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)
    • Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) (all except driver seat)
  • Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) (front passenger safety belt retractor only)
Safety Belt Retractor and Pretensioner
The pretensioner is a pyrotechnic device that deploys when activated by the Restraints Control Module (RCM) to remove excess safety belt webbing from the shoulder and lap safety belt in the event of an impact. If a deployment of the safety belt retractor and pretensioners occurs, a new assembly must be installed. Refer to Safety Belt Retractor and Pretensioner in this section.
Each front safety belt shoulder guide includes a 2-position safety belt presenter arm (coupe only) that rotates rearward to allow for occupant rear seat access (stowed position) and forward for front seat occupant use (worn position).
For safety belt retractor and pretensioner diagnostic and disposal information, refer to Section 501-20B .
Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)

Every safety belt retractor is a 3-point restraint with the ELR feature. The safety belt retractor is designed to allow the occupant freedom of movement in normal operation. The ELR is a vehicle sensitive feature designed to activate and lock the safety belt webbing when braking hard, cornering hard or in an impact of approximately 8 km/h (5 mph). The ELR feature helps to reduce the forward movement of the driver and passengers. Refer to the appropriate Functional Test procedure in Safety Belt System in this section.
Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR)

The ALR feature does not allow freedom of movement. The ALR mode is used when locking a child seat in an outboard seating position or when a tight belt fit is desired. The ALR mode is automatically activated when the safety belt webbing is fully extracted from the retractor and then allowed to retract. As the safety belt webbing is retracted back onto the spool, an audible clicking sound is made indicating the safety belt retractor is in ALR mode and the safety belt webbing will not pull back out of the safety belt retractor. To disengage the ALR mode, allow the safety belt webbing to fully retract back onto the spool. The ALR mode is disengaged when the webbing is free to extract and retract back into the retractor. Refer to the appropriate Functional Test procedure in Safety Belt System in this section.
Belt Tension Sensor (BTS)

The safety BTS is part of the passenger front outboard safety belt and retractor assembly and is not serviced separately. The safety BTS is located at the safety belt anchor point and operates as part of the Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) system on the front passenger seat. To diagnose the BTS or OCS system, refer to Section 501-20B .

Awesome!!! Thank you very much.

07 Boss

Reaction score
So the passenger side is hooked up to an explosive that locks the belt in an emergency? That's kind cool.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
So the passenger side is hooked up to an explosive that locks the belt in an emergency? That's kind cool.

Yeah your right. It sure does sound ridiculous doesn't it. I would personally like the option to legally remove both air bag assemblies. I think this should be a choice for me to make. Then I can get a sticker that warns all my passengers "this vehicle is NOT equipped with an airbag"

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know the torque specs for lower seat belt mount? A little past snug seems about right. Wasn't all that tight to begin with.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if i can temporarily leave the seats unplugged without having to reset anything. My battery is disconnected now but I need to connect it and move my car.

05_on_94

Reaction score
Does anyone know if i can temporarily leave the seats unplugged without having to reset anything. My battery is disconnected now but I need to connect it and move my car.
Manual says to Depower the SRS by removing the RCM fuse 17 (10A) in the SJB before removing safety belt.
1bbf22b56066655a8e4857c0a251fe40.jpg

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Manual says to Depower the SRS by removing the RCM fuse 17 (10A) in the SJB before removing safety belt.
1bbf22b56066655a8e4857c0a251fe40.jpg

I definitely forgot this. I did however disconnect the battery. I plugged everything back in, started it up, and seems fine. No lights. Am I fine?

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
If I want to keep the side seat airbags unplugged when driving does anyone know if I will have to recalibrate the airbag system if I decide to plug them back in. Or if all airbags will cease to work. I'm pretty sure I'll have a light on, right? Is that it?

This would be a good question for race seat guys. Anyone?

I want to remove all the wiring from the seats and electronics from the seats. I still want the seat belt safety features though which I think are all connected to the seat belt chassis area, correct?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back