Secondary radiator fan switch

Zach Baumann

Reaction score
Is it possible to add a toggle switch for the radiator fan so I can turn it on and off but still have it kick in when the computer commands it?

bobbybb

Reaction score
I would also like to do this. Hope someone chimes in on this. I’m

Zach Baumann

Reaction score
Thank you, I’ve seen things like this with just grounding the relay out I was going this route but the car is apart right now and none of the electronics are in so I’ll give this a shot once it’s back together.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I did it a little different and and just wired in two relays for my fan and water pump. I used to use this at the track to cool the motor down between runs. Was able to hot lap it without running into heat soak issues.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I installed a switch and a DPDT relay and SPDT relays to operate the Hi fan, electric water pump and heat exchanger pump in the key off position. When the switch is off these systems all operate normally.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did it a little different and and just wired in two relays for my fan and water pump. I used to use this at the track to cool the motor down between runs. Was able to hot lap it without running into heat soak issues.

I like that. I have the Rad Fan switch from the relay on the opposite side. I just got a new harness from AFCO for my H/E w/ dual fans (another story). I've always wanted to run the fans when I wanted to...i.e., not cruising down the freeway. I have a switch under the hood for the H/E pump which also turns on the fans when the car is off. I think I'll move that in the cabin like you have it. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back