Security?? Help! What is this?

chuckNu

Reaction score
I have no idea what this is. I think it is some kind of aftermarket securtiy feature. I bought the car new and it was already in here. Any help guys?

security.jpg

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
if you bought the car new it was obviously something the dealership installed. Maybe for on the lot security ? Not a great pic, I can almost make something out, but not quite. Call the dealership and aks em, that would be first on my list.

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Never seen such a beast on a Mustang but I have somehting sort of like that on my Explorer for my electric trailor brakes

chuckNu

Reaction score
I bought it brand new from the dealership with 8 miles on it! It was brand new! It has a button on the back and a blinking red LED light on the front. I called and they didn't really know what I was talking about...I'm sure it was the person I was talking to. But yea, There is just one wire. I pushed the button(it didn't self destruct) and the light just stopped blinking but yesterday when I synced up my new TMPS sensors it came back on when I programmed them into my computer. So I'm lost!

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Take it back to the stealership and tell them, "Hey what the fuck I'm going to pay ya'll motherfuckers so stop tracking me!" Then they should be more then happy to assist you.

BubbaRATM

bottle fed baby
Reaction score
i would check into that, looks kinda weird and out of place and i have never seen a button like that in a mustang

i bet if you go up to the stealership dressed like billy ray cyrus and wearing a mullet wig and choke slam the service manager you will get an answer LOL j/k

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
well you know how the Bugatti has a button that gives you more HP. Push that button and you instantly have 500 more HP and 550 more TQ. Dont die!! :thumb:

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
No idea, I'm taking a stab in the dark here... is it related to those things dealers have to disable cars remotely if someone steals them?

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Nope, its the aftermarket alarm/valet/disarm button that some lots intall on all of their cars and then try to upsale you the alarm when your in finance, it you dont but it they usually remove or disable it before you take possesion of the car, I did factory FORD alarms and Audio upgrades for a FORD dealership for 5 years in the mid 90s. The "Factory" alarms are made by code alarm and in reality are only worth about 300 bucks. The dealership I bought mine from here in DFW tried to upsale theirs to me and were shut down quick when I told/explained to then that I knew what the true cost of the product was.

ShilaDaMonster

forum member
Reaction score
I have one too

I have one of those tOo but someone at the dealer told me that its the lo-jack....

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Nope, its the aftermarket alarm/valet/disarm button that some lots intall on all of their cars and then try to upsale you the alarm when your in finance, it you dont but it they usually remove or disable it before you take possesion of the car, I did factory FORD alarms and Audio upgrades for a FORD dealership for 5 years in the mid 90s. The "Factory" alarms are made by code alarm and in reality are only worth about 300 bucks. The dealership I bought mine from here in DFW tried to upsale theirs to me and were shut down quick when I told/explained to then that I knew what the true cost of the product was.

EXACTLY ! Good eye . :beerdrink:

I worked at FORD also .

Its a lot alarm so if you try and take it without unprogramming it the alarm just stays on . But when you purchase it they use the key programmer and turn it from lot mode to consumer mode .

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back