Sell or Trade MAC Axle Back..

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MAC 2.5'' 2005+ Mustang GT Axleback Exhaust 4'' Slashcut, Rolled Tips

I have a set of MAC Mufflers that I just Loved, but ever since I installed my Long Tube Headers they are WAY TOO LOUD, My neighbors got tired of me driving through the neighborhood at 6am each morning.
I would have done this :321: or This :moon2: But, I have to live here for a while..

So, If you would like to trade up for the Best Sounding Mufflers for the S197 W/ 4" TIPS, Polished Stainless Steel then PM Me with what you have, I will accept Magnaflows, FRPP, ECT..

Will Not Except: Stockers, SLP LM, Flowmasters.

Here are some Pics, They are over a year old, But Still clean, I never drove in the rain or Snow, and I polished them for each Car show so they still shine. There are some Dings and Scratches. but overall condition is Excellent, I took care of them.

Or I will Sell out right for 175.00 + Shipping

PDRM0350.jpg

PDRM0346.jpg

PDRM0349.jpg

PDRM0347.jpg

Last edited:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL. You betcha it's loud. The Macs on my JBAs are staying--I'm able to keep the noise down by just doing the bare minimum with the gas in the neighborhood, but I understand why you want to swap them out.

I'm curious: are your Macs a bit raspy now with the JBAs?

John

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL. You betcha it's loud. The Macs on my JBAs are staying--I'm able to keep the noise down by just doing the bare minimum with the gas in the neighborhood, but I understand why you want to swap them out.

I'm curious: are your Macs a bit raspy now with the JBAs?

John
I really hate to get rid of them, the Macs sound soooo nice on a stock setup.
on the JBA LT the are 5 times louder and the drone at 1800-2000 is gone.
you can hear the Raspy sound medium throttle at RPM's 2200 - 3500
WOT, SOUNDS AWESOME.

I always got complaments on my MACs, at gas stations, DC Traffic Jams, Even Got pulled over in Richmond
by a motorcycle cop who just bought a GT and wanted to know what mufflers I had, he Loved the sound.

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Or maybe a 3-way deal?

My Magnaflows to 2k05gt, the MACs to ADudeInNewJersey, and the Pypes MM to me.

don_w

Reaction score
They are all packed up in bubble wrap and taped in the origional box..
all ready to go to a new home.
Perfect, because we might need to do the swap in stages... if that works for you. I'd have to wait until I got the Pypes before I could remove the Magnaflows. I don't have anything else to put on right now.

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
There lies the problem... I don't have the exhaust out yet... I won't have anything on it and its my daily driver... the other thing is Don, Will you be willing to give up your Over Axle pipes? (Since I sold mine for getting the Pypes)

don_w

Reaction score
Frankly, I'd rather hang on to the over axle pipes... just in case I decide to change again later.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I'd rather hang on to the over axle pipes... just in case I decide to change again later.

ADudeInNewJersey
I am looking for some stock over the axle pipes in the Jersey area, maybe you can pickup for 50 bucks craigs list, or a local Forum. Check performance shops in your area. I am looking down torwards me a bit, like Maryland, or PA..

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anything on the Pipes yet. I found a guy in PA that has some, I am waiting to hear back from him.

Once you get those Magnaflows on your JBAs, please let me know how it sounds. I'm curious now. You have the OFFROAD h-pipe like I do, right?

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Once you get those Magnaflows on your JBAs, please let me know how it sounds. I'm curious now. You have the OFFROAD h-pipe like I do, right?
Thats if I get some, ...
But No I have the JBA Catted H-Pipe. Right now I have the stock mufflers on and I can't beleive how quiet they are compaired to the aftermarket. even with headers they are quiet.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats if I get some, ...
But No I have the JBA Catted H-Pipe. Right now I have the stock mufflers on and I can't beleive how quiet they are compaired to the aftermarket. even with headers they are quiet.

The macs appear to be developing a rasp that is becoming more frequent and more irritating to me. I don't mind spending $400 on the magnaflow if it gets rid of the rasp but I'd like to hear someone's real world experience first before splurging on it...

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I already have the Magnaflows and I will be installing the American Racing LTs in about 3 weeks. I haven't installed them yet cause I haven't had the money for the catted x-pipe. If Scott doesn't get the Magnaflows or if I get my LTs in first, I'll record the sound and give you an opinion once mine is done.

don_w

Reaction score
I've been running Magnaflows and LTs for over two years. They don't have the dreaded "trumpeting" sound that happens with many mufflers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back