Sell or Trade MAC Axle Back..

RedStang06

forum member
Reaction score
I have Magnaflows and I can tell you that the sound is very deep and not louder than stock mufflers.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
true with stock Manifolds and Cats. add long tubes and watch out...
my stock mufflers are twice as loud with LT but I am afraid they don't flow as well and are robbing the headers gains. I wan't the flow but not too loud. the MACs were Perfect on a stock setup.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like ADudeInNewJersey can't find Over the Axle Pipes so I am stuck with the Macs, What do you all think if I added Cherry Bombs as Mid Mufflers, would that make the MACs Quieter? or add a resonator there, somthing.. I CAN'T STAND THE CAR BEING SO QUIET WITH THE STOCK MUFFLERS...Plus I have noticed a loss of power with the stockers compaired to the MACs. Any Ideas...

Last edited:

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullit and buy new...

I wish I could but I can't afford new ones. if I sell my Macs I can get only 200.00 for them so try to find me used Magnaflows for 200 I will get them, I am also looking to at the FRPP GTA's since I heard they sound the same as magnaflows.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is the deal not happening? Is there any way for me to swap out my Macs and try someone's Magnaflows?

John
Are you going to the Northern Virginia Mustang Club Drag Day This Saturday at Mason Dixon? you might find someone there.

It's 8-12 saturday 19th..

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you going to the Northern Virginia Mustang Club Drag Day This Saturday at Mason Dixon? you might find someone there.

It's 8-12 saturday 19th..

Yeah, I'm going. I was going to the JDM spring fling over at Cecil, but there's been no discussion about what supposed to happen there, so I cancelled my hotel room and sent payment in for the NVMC event.

I may just buy a new Magnaflow, and sell the Macs if I'm satisfied with the sound...it may be a while as I just bought an MGW shifter to try in place of my Hurst.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I wish I could but I can't afford new ones. if I sell my Macs I can get only 200.00 for them so try to find me used Magnaflows for 200 I will get them, I am also looking to at the FRPP GTA's since I heard they sound the same as magnaflows.

Dude, I would call or go to some key shops in the area. I got mine at Cowles Ford. The regular price was almost $800. They had a set in stock for $500 with the over-axle pipes. I'm sure if you hunt around you can find some brand new magnaflow mufflers for $250-$300. I will keep my eyes open for a set of used ones too...

I am not sure about the Macs, but I dyno'd my car after putting the magnaflows on. With no other changes, I picked up 14 HP and 19 TQ compaired to stock. So those stockers are definitely holding you back. I would be willing to keep the Macs rather than suffer the HP loss...

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dude, I would call or go to some key shops in the area. I got mine at Cowles Ford. The regular price was almost $800. They had a set in stock for $500 with the over-axle pipes. I'm sure if you hunt around you can find some brand new magnaflow mufflers for $250-$300. I will keep my eyes open for a set of used ones too...

I am not sure about the Macs, but I dyno'd my car after putting the magnaflows on. With no other changes, I picked up 14 HP and 19 TQ compaired to stock. So those stockers are definitely holding you back. I would be willing to keep the Macs rather than suffer the HP loss...
I would too but my Home owners Association got many complaints about the noise, you've been to my house so you know how tight the neighborhood is. I go to work a 6am so it's a bit noisy that early.
I am causing Dogs too bark, babies too Cry, and adults too curse me.
the worst is when I leave on saturdays then pissed off people all around, I feel like an Oger (Shrek) Chasing me down the street with tourches and pitch forks. LOL

Last edited:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Hey Don, you didn't get any of the trumpeting with the magnaflows? I need to look at getting some axle back exhaust to go with my JBA shorty headers, but I don't want that damn trumpet sound.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I had bad trumpeting with LMs and Bassanis. The Magnaflows are much better.

But I've never heard of anyone having issues with shortys... it was always with LTs.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Ok, thanks! So far i've been leaning toward the JBA's sound.....nice rumble to it! They have some nice sound clips on their site, even one with a 05 mustang gt supercharged.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Ok, thanks! So far i've been leaning toward the JBA's sound.....nice rumble to it! They have some nice sound clips on their site, even one with a 05 mustang gt supercharged.

Before you buy the JBA's let me know. I've been thinking of going back to my stock ones or trade for something else.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back